It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

angiedaw HB User
When I'm hungry, I need food NOW

I just found out last week that I am pregnant. I have not been hungry any more than usual, but I am finding that when I do get hungry, that I need food RIGHT NOW. I get really weak, clammy, and start to feel like I am going to throw up. Once I eat, I am fine.

Is this normal very early on?

Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: When I'm hungry, I need food NOW

I feel the same way. When I am hungry, damn it, I better get some food!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

angelbc HB User

Yes I experience that same very thing where I would get nauseas if I didn't eat for awhile or was just plainly hungry. I was in my first trimester when this was going off. Now when I am hungry I want food right away but I don't get the ill feelign at all. So yeah i think what you are going through is pretty normal.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

I am 13 weeks along and I understand that feeling all too well. Sometimes it can come completely out of the blue! Give me food now! lol. I was told that eating several smaller meals throughout the day can help with this. The Doctor also told me never to let myself get completely to that starved feeling and snacking throughout the day does help some.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Yep, there's nothing like the FOOD NOW early pregnancy hunger! I remember it well. I carried crackers and packets of peanut butter crackers in my purse and in the car to help when I needed to eat immediately. I highly recommend it.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 06-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
(female)

angiedaw HB User

Thank you ladies. It is so nice to be able to come on here, and talk to others who are going through the same thing.
I will start to keep healthy snacks around, but peanut butter won't be one of them( I do love it though).
SInce my ds had a peanut allergy( he outgrew it), the allergist told me to stay away from peanuts in pregnancy/breastfeeding stages.

Angie

Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Yeah thats normal, I had that with both of mine. I am 12 wks and its not quite as bad, but still some days!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

Me too.. I definitely get that. I'm 7.5 weeks now. I always keep a little something in my purse for emergencies and in my desk at work.

Congrats and good luck!

Old 06-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
(female)

Heidi1220 HB User

I remember going through this when I was pregnant. But I wouldn't get "physically" ill feeling - I would get ill-tempered though! I remember when I went to restaurants and I went in there starving, that I would have to get chips and salsa to calm me down til my lunch/dinner came...otherwise the waiter/waitress/whoever I was with couldn't stand me b/c I would be barking at them for food! It was bad! And that was very early on too...like 5 weeks or so.

Good luck!

Old 06-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

hahaha...i am also in that same boat. i feel exactly the same way as everyone above!!!! and i'm also soooo picky...i get so mad at myself most of the time. i hate my cookings....hate the smell of "meat"...or "fried" foods. so i am left with....not much. cuz i dont eat any of the things i liked before...so for some weird reason, i eat jello or drink juice to stop the "gaggings". as testimonial stands, u are not alone.

Closed Thread