my specialist wants me to start indomethacin because my cervix is now at 22mm and im only 25 weeks. im really scared about this, and i need to start it asap, and i go back on thursday to check everything. im also on lovenox and the two can cause increased risk of bleeding. Has anyone had experience with this??? Please help
What is indomethacin? I am 26 weeks and last week i was in labor too. Went to the hospital they gave me two shots of something and thanks god they were able to stop it. I get off an on contractions and i am so scared. I know how you feel. My cervix though has been normal thanks god. I don't know what to say.
I jsut say good luck to both of us.
i am pretty sure its also given as a shot, its an NSAID and its stop uterine contractions. my cervix is short tho, 22mm, and its been getting shorter by the weeks. if u got an IV it was probably magnesium sulfate... are u on bedrest? this is the scariest thing i have ever experienced in my life and im so confused as to what to do. my next appt is for thursday the 7th. i think i might wait to start the medication on monday, that would be 3 days of it. good luck to you as well, i know how scary this is!
I was in the hospital for 24 hours. My contractions hasn't stopped completely yet. My doc says it will not but it has slowed down alot and no pattern. THANKS GOD! BUT he says, i have to be very careful and listen to my body if i feel the contraction more than 10 an hour i should go to the hospital again. I am very scared too. it seems like i am always in my doc office. there is always something going on. yesterday, my back was killing me. I mean it was hurting bad. I got scared again, i thought what if this is another sign of prelabor. anyways, i have to limit my activities. i cannot wait for this baby. I am very very scared.
i replied to you in spetmeber mommies but i know how u feel, its really terrible. i waited a week after advised to take the indomethacin because i know its really not the safest out there, but its what i need in my case supposedly, i dont know. i dont see why i cant try something safer. its depressing and i want it to be september already, at least i know its safe to deliver by then!