It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User
Horrible Cramps,No Bleeding

Hello Ladies,
I'm 23 Weeks pregnant.
On Wednesday I had HORRILBE cramps. It was very intense pain, I could't walk, sit or stand comfortably. Even breathing made the pain worse. The cramping was all over my abdomen. I have a fairly high pain tollerance but this was REALLY intense. My boyfriend and I were shopping for Maternity clothing and I just couldn't continue. I had to leave the store immediatly and was in such bad pain.

I went to Urgent Care but by the time we got there 1.5 hours... the pain had decreased. They hooked me up to a belt to check if my uterus was contracting, and it did a couple of times. The nurse said, oh "did you feel that" and I explained to her that I did feel it but that wasn't even uncomfortable in comparision to the pain I was feeling before.

Has anyone had this type of pain? The Nurses and Doctors thought I was crazy and that I was probably having heart-burn or indigestion. Urrrrhhhh. It's so frusterating that they don't beleive you. The pain re-occured that night around 5am. Woke me up from a sound sleep. I didn't return to the doctors though, i just took the day off and rested.

The baby's heart beat is great and I can still feel him moving all around. The only think I can think of is maybe it's my muscles growing and tearing? Maybe they were pulled or something and caused me a lot of pain because i'm growing so quickly?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: Horrible Cramps,No Bleeding

Hi Cherry,

GO to your doctor's office today - there's a holiday weekend coming up so don't delay. I lost a baby at 22 weeks because I didn't realize that the intense cramping pain and no bleeding meant trouble and that I had needed to be checked. By the time I went to the doctor's office, I was already dilating and there was no stopping it.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 07-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Uterine cramping is not typically felt throughout the entire abdomen, just lower abdomen and occasionally lower back. Also, you can tell if they are utering contractions because your uterus feels hard to the touch (hard than usual) when you place your hand on your belly. Also, cramping or uterine tightenon without the pain is called Braxton Hicks contractions-hey are normal and usual start right around 20 weeks.

I'm not sure what your pain was all about. Sometimes I get horrible stomache aches...sharp pain and I can barely breath. Zantac usual helps that.

Hope that helps!
Jenn

Old 07-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I agree about seeing your doctor...or contacting your doctor even by phone instead of Urgent Care. My instructions from my doctor is nothing should be "painful"...some things may feel "uncomfortable". Anytime I feel "pain", I need to call the doctor.

My most recent instructions came at my appointment in Week 29...if I feel "pain", I should go to the hospital.

I certainly have no idea what it is nor can I diagnose anything, but does it feel deep inside enough where it is coming from the uterus...or does it feel it's coming from other layers of muscles & tissues?
Gayle

Old 07-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

I know I get terrible GAS pains and if feels just like labor pains.....I don't know if this is what it is, but it can be very painful...I would call your ob though....Ralinda

Closed Thread