It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
Pain when i cough!

I'm 18 weeks and recently had an amnio. everything has been going fine other than this nagging cold that i caught...i have a cough and this morning, it hurts near the right side of my belly button when i cough. could it just be that i strained something? I know i must sound like the biggest worry wart...

Old 07-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Pain when i cough!

I get various aches & pains (and have been for many weeks) whenever I cough, sneeze, or hiccup. Body parts stretch. Some days when I sneeze I have to hold on to my belly for dear life because it feels like the entire belly will rip off at the muscles. Nothing is the same as it used to be.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

I too feel pain whenever i sneeze. I hate when i have to. My newest pain is when i eat. Afterwards my stomach hurts.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle0000
I get various aches & pains (and have been for many weeks) whenever I cough, sneeze, or hiccup. Body parts stretch. Some days when I sneeze I have to hold on to my belly for dear life because it feels like the entire belly will rip off at the muscles. Nothing is the same as it used to be.
Gayle
Lol I just had to laugh sorry. I do the same thing. I was just at a ball game last week and I was just sitting down, no time to clutch tummy, and I sneezed. I thought my stomach was going to burst. It hurt so bad!! I think I simultaneously pulled every muscle in my gut with that one. I think it took over a half an hour to recover from that one. Hubby thinks it's hilarious. He has no idea how bad it actually hurts.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

wait til you get into the last month or so of your pregnancy, when the baby turns head down and you cough or sneeze, you think the pain you get is bad, now it feels as if your cervix is opening and your baby is gonna come out lol, it don't hurt much, but it is the wierdest feeling. good luck

Old 07-04-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

well that pain in my belly button went away. since i caught this darn cold it feels like my baby will pop out every time i heave! i know what you mean about the pains. last night i was watching tv and coughed and felt a sharp pain and i just about fell off the couch, paralized for a second. my husband asked if i was ok and i when i told him i was, he started laughing! he said i looked like a tree that was just chopped and falling!

Closed Thread