It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Concerned about ultrasound

I went to my first prenatal today (I'm 7 wks. 4 days) and my doctor decided to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. The baby is fine-saw the heartbeat and is measuring right on. But on the other side of the baby she saw something but didn't know what it was. At first she thought it was a twin but it's not. She could only see it if she moved the wand a certain way. She said it may be a fibroid or just something (a fold?) in the muscle that may smooth itself out an disappear over time. She also said it's something she's never seen before so I'm assuming she has seen firbroids before and would know if that is what it is. I'm going next week for a more detailed ultrasound at the hospital. But of course my mind is reeling and I'm concerned about what it could be! Has anyone had this experience? Any input would be helpful.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: Concerned about ultrasound

bumping for anyone who might know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

They can make you terribly nervous and they don't even realize it. I know its crazy to say this - try to relax and just think good positive thoughts! every time you think something could be wrong replace the thought with something very happy about the baby....

MANY tests that you get from Dr.'s etc. not just ultrasounds but MRI's etc. for many other things have a huge chance of being false. My Dr. Told me about my weak looking u/s and then said look these things are not always accurate and I said I KNOW - because I have had my share of Mri'!! Some are correct and some are not - I once read that mri's are only about 60% accurate but Dr's look at the results as if they are absolute!

So hang in there - and try to think positive thoughts and smile really big to replace that creeping bad thought that can cross your mind - it helps me.
please keep us posted!!! Thinking of you -

Old 07-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

Thank you for your kind words. I will update next week when I know something. I'm not sure when I'm going in because they have me on some list and they will call me with a day and time.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #5
(female)

CamsMom HB User

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have a fibroid I can feel. I had this same fibroid, which grows only when I am pregnant, with my dd (6 years old now and quite lovely). If it is a fibroid, don't worry. It is so common and they will monitor it for size and such. It causes some achiness but since I've been through this, I know not to worry. I worry about other things :-) At my first ultrasound I got the twin scare too. Your next ultrasound will be much clearer and you too can worry about something else. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

Thanks for the reply CamsMom. This is my third child so it's something new from when I had my daughter 3 years ago. I'm so anxious to get this next ultrasound. Figures it's a holiday weekend.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

I had another ultrasound yesterday and they still don't know what it is. This doctor as well as my doctor said they have never seen it before. The only thing he told me is that it could be a blood clot or it could be the placenta forming. Surely they should have been able to identify either one right? He basically said just wait and see. I'm going back again in 2.5 weeks. Baby is still doing fine though.

Closed Thread