It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

so paranoid HB User
Corned Beef and Slipping

Hi there

Two daft questions :-

1. Can we eat canned corned beef when pregnant. I was making my husband a sandwich at lunchtime and opened up a can of corned beef. I had a sudden urge to eat some, which I did, before checking if it was safe to do so. I know you should avoid deli meats but are canned deli meats ok?

2. I got out the bath and slipped on the floor practically doing the splits. It really hurt between my legs for a while. Could this slipping have done any damage? I didn't actually fall.

Thanks so much for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
(female)

LilLove HB User
Re: Corned Beef and Slipping

Im pretty sure you want to stay away from canned deli meats to! I would ask your docter about that.

As for the slipping I doubt it did any damage. As long as you are still not in pain! Im sure your fine!

Hope I helped a little!

Godbless

Trina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

First of all the canned corn beef is probably full of sodium, which you need to watch because you will start to retain water earlier than usual. Besisdes like the previous poster said, you need to watch deli meats because of nitrates. I was told that the only one that was safe was Turkey Breast.

As far as slipping, i don't think you did any damage. You should invest in the book 'What to expect when you are expecting'. It tells you everything you need to know and takes you through month by month.

Old 07-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
BabyMomma26

hmmm my Dr said nothing was wrong with Deli meats, as long as its pasteurized

Old 07-03-2005, 04:50 AM   #5
(female)

so paranoid HB User

Thank you all for your help. I will stay away from the corned beef. The craving just overcame me and I couldn't resist at that moment.

I am still a bit tender between the legs after slipping - I think I pulled a muscle or something there. I will be extra careful getting out the bath in future, thats for sure. Take care!!

Old 07-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I think canned meats like you're talking about are okay. Canned & jarred meats are thoroughly cooked in the canning process to kill bacteria. If they were full of bacteria, you would know it (my Brother-in-law manages a food plant for a major producer of foods we eat in the US & he was my source of info for that clarification) because the cans would be funky when you opened it, or they would explode on the shelves.

My doctor told me it's the deli meats used in sandwich shops where the biggest concern lies...because they tend to sit out more to be accessible for emplyees & don't stay at cold enough temps. Bacterias can grow on these because they're not chilled properly sometimes. I think Listeria is the main one we are supposed to be concerned about. My doc said deli meat is generally fine to eat. If I had any concerns & still wanted to eat it, just heat it up. Moderation is the key.

Yes, they do have a lot of salt, and the thought of that is making my ankles swell as I write this. Earlier on in my pregnancy, I would have eaten the corned beef. Now at 30 weeks, just the swelling/salt phenomena keeps me away from lots of foods.

Sounds like you're okay from your fall. That's good!
Gayle

Closed Thread