It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #1

stefalupagus HB User
Daddy problems

I'm only 1 1/2 weeks along and the father of this child doesn't believe he is the father. He says he's infertile. So he asks me who else I've slept with and there's no one else. So when is the soonest a paternity test be done? I need to prove it to him that he created a miracle.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Re: Daddy problems

You can have one done while you are pregnant but it's done like an amnio so it gives you risk for a miscarriage. I am going through something similar but i won't risk having that type of test. I am opting to wait until the baby comes and the court take care of the test.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #3

stefalupagus HB User

Isn't there a blood test at all I can do? I was looking on the internet and it said the mother's blood can be used in a paternity home test kit. It doesn't sound reliable to me though. So the doctors can't do it that way? Otherwise I'll have to wait til it's born too, but I want to tell him now. I'm known to have miscarriages, so I want to prove he created a miracle before I miscarry if I do.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

Just out of curiosity, how did you find out so soon (at 1, 1/2wks) you are pregnant? The soonest I could find out was 3 weeks.

Chris(34wks5days)

Old 07-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #5

stefalupagus HB User

I've been pregnant before (I feel excactly how I did the other two times.)and I'm never late with my period (I'm usually early)and I'm a week late. I only had sex with this man 1 1/2 weeks ago. Also, I have a ealry pregnancy test that detects a very minimal amount of HcG. It said positive and I believe it. I know it's really early and need to be checked by a doctor to be more postive, but I just have a very strong feeling I am. I just feel it.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefalupagus
I've been pregnant before (I feel excactly how I did the other two times.)and I'm never late with my period (I'm usually early)and I'm a week late. I only had sex with this man 1 1/2 weeks ago. Also, I have a ealry pregnancy test that detects a very minimal amount of HcG. It said positive and I believe it. I know it's really early and need to be checked by a doctor to be more postive, but I just have a very strong feeling I am. I just feel it.

You had sex 1 1/2 weeks ago and you are 1 week late with your period. It doesn't make sense. You dont' ovulate untill 10-14 after your period so you wouldnt have ovulated 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I agree with babygirl, you can't tell from any type of over the counter early pregnancy test when you are only a week. The hcg levels wouldn't be high enough not even for the most sensitive test. If you are a week late & you are pregnant you would be more like 4 or maybe even 5 weeks pregnant not 1. I took a hpt every day from the time we started trying & I knew what day I ovulated & I tested a faint pos. at 13 dpo. So the feeling you have I can understand but you would not be able to tell after having sex only 1 1/2 weeks ago by a hpt no matter how sensitive. You must be further along.

Good Luck though,
Chris

Old 07-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

i agree with all the other girls... im so sorry hunny you should have waited til you were ferther along... and maybe even past the 12 week mark...

Old 02-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #9
(female)

confused2006 HB User

Yep, you cannot tell if you are only a week pregnant, no way. And if you are a week late, then you would be more like four weeks along. Sorry hon.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #10
(female)

Angellica HB User

I would trust your internal instinct. If you think you are pregnant and you feel different and you are getting a faint line on a HPT, then you probably are pregnant. It was the same situation with me. I just 'knew' that I was pregnant a WEEK after conception. I know it is hard to believe, but I know my body really well, and it was just OFF (felt a little nausea within one week of conception).... I tested a POSITIVE on an HPT 2 weeks before my period was due and also tested thereafter and the lines got darker as I am farther along now~**

Trust your instincts~**

Last edited by Angellica; 02-01-2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spacing

Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
(female)

confused2006 HB User

I tested with First Response and didn't get a positive until I was 2 days late. From what I'm told FR is supposed to give you a positive 5 days before your missed period. That wasn't the case with me, though.

Good luck.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through, no matter how far along you are...I am currently 38 weeks along and am going through the same thing with my boyfriend, he thinks I cheated on him and wants a paternity test, even though I told him there is no way, I never cheated on him but he doesn't believe me. I would be a little afraid to go through with the amnio especially since you are more prone to m/c, as much as you want to do it the health of your baby is way more important than proving this jerk wrong, unless of course the doctor recommends an amnio for another reason. The way I feel is that if my boyfriend doesn't think the baby is his then oh well, he will look all the more stupid when he shells out the cash for the paternity test and finds out our baby girl belongs to him. I truly hope everything goes well for you and try not to let it get to you...just thinking about how dumb my boyfriend will look later puts a smile on my face, lol

Old 02-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
(female)

marie81 HB User

If you o'd 1.5 weeks ago you would be 3.5 weeks pregnant. They count from your last period usually. It's not uncommon that an hpt would be faintly positive at 10 or 11 days past o. As far as the paternity test. You should do a web search for non-invasive prenatal paternity test. It is a blood test that is done after 12 wks gestation. It's kinda expensive, but I think it would be worth it in a situation like that. Good luck and I hope this helps!!!

Old 02-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

i have to disagree with how early on u can tell. obviously i got pg with my son 2 wks before my period was due and a day before my period the pg test showed pos. so technically it showed up about 13 days after conception and it was the first month we had started trying and he was born on time so i def got pg that month. also i knew a couple days before my period was due that i was pg. as far as a dna test never heard of one being done so early. if this guys being a jerk and u def know its his then just wait till the babys born, obviously it wont change this guys mind and by the sounds of it wont if it comes back as his.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

He is saying that he is infertil, there is a test that u can get anywhere they sell ovulation tests. It is a male fertility kit. It isnt too expensive but if he truely is fertile then that will tell him otherwise. Why does he think he is infertile? Did you ask him that? A lot of guys who dont wanna have kids but wont protect themselves claim they are infertile. Just ask him and see what he says. Also look into the male fertility kit.

Closed Thread