It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
(female)

Karen62705 HB User
Justin Michael has arrived!!!

HI everyone!! It's been a busy week!!! And I can't believe I FINALLY get to post my birth story, As many of you know, I thought I may have been a July mommy. But Justin Michael Arrived on June 27th, and heres his story:

Last Sunday I was pretty much fine all day. Then around 3pm I started having menstural like cramps. My due date was still 4 days away, and I knew cramping was common towards the end, so I wasen't concerned. I decided to just sleep through it, and woke up around 5pm. I went to the bathroom, and noticed a little bit of bleeding. I was actually quite excited because I knew this was the "bloody show" I have heard so much about. I called my doctor, and she suggested we go to the hospital, just to be monitored. I took a quick shower, and had my first offical contraction. It wasen't too strong and came and went pretty quickly. I went to the bathroom one more time before leaving, and passed the mucus plug! It was pretty gross. We headed to the hospital, and timed my contractions. they were about 6 minutes apart. We got the hospital around 6, and I put on the gown, and they checked my cervix, and I was not dialated at all!!! They told me I would have to go walk around for an hour and then come back. My contractions were really spratic, but painful. I told my husband I didnt' wanna walk anymore, and just wanted to lay down. So we went back, and the a new nurse said she would check me. But that I really needed to go and walk, because I was in for a really really long labor and the were probably going to send me home. She was a little rude too, which upset me. So she went to check me agian and as soon as she did, my water broke all over her..hehe pay backs!! So as soon as this happened I was taken to a room right away, and we were not going home. They never checked my cervix in the room, because they said that since my water broke, I was at risk of infection everytime the checked. They said I would deliver untill atleast after 10am the next day! So not checking me right away was fine. They gave me an I.V. which they said had a pain reliever in it. But All it did was make me sleepy. No pain relief at all. My contractions were still very spratic, but really painful. Just before 12am I couldn't stand it any more! I could tell that this baby was coming and told my mom I needed to push. She ran and got a nurse, and she thought I was crazy, Because I wasen't dialated before, there is no way I was ready to push. But she checked me and said "Oh my goodness she's fully dialeted and IS ready to push" I was thrilled that it was happening so soon, but also scared to death because I knew all chances of having an epidural had passed. I started pushing right around midnight. Definetily the worst pain I have ever been through and I was so exhausted. The doctor still hadn't arrived, and I really thought the nurses were going to have to deliver me. He was just coming so fast. Bu the doctor finally arrived. And I was still pushing. She told me she'd have to do an episiotomy. At this point she could have told me they would have to cut off my hand and I wouldn't have cared. So after that was done I gave probably 5 big pushes and he was out! I pushed for a total of 50minutes and my entire labor from the first mild contraction till the end was around 6 hours, and all NATURAL!! Born at 12:50am he was 6lb 14 1/2 ounces and 21 inches. We went home on Wednesday, and have been doing good! He's just the cutest little thing! I hope all you other June mommies are doing good and enjoying your new angels! Good luck to all!

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User
Re: Justin Michael has arrived!!!

Congrats, Karen...What a wonderful birth for you..And wow, was it quick.Glad to hear about your little one...Ralinda

Old 07-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
BabyMomma26

Congrats! That WAS quick!! Just think, everyone after goes quicker. Nice name, my sons in similar, but its Justin Makell

Old 07-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
(female)

LilLove HB User

Congratulations! I didnt meet you before you had the baby! But im glad it went quick for you and everything went well! Beautiful name!

Old 07-03-2005, 03:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!

Nicole x

Old 07-03-2005, 04:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Congratulations!!! Sounds like everything went really well for you. Loved your story!!!!
Gayle

Closed Thread