It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Sunburn and pregnancy

Stupid me, I went to the shore today and forgot the sunscreen. Now, my arms, back and shoulders are burnt pretty bad. What dangers can this pose to the baby as well as myself during pregnancy? Also, any tips on healing this pain would be much appreciated.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User
Re: Sunburn and pregnancy

I know how you feel, I was at the beach for a week last week and got sunburned on my arms and shoulders. For relief I sent hubby to the store for Aloe, he bought "ocean potion 100% pure aloe gel". I had him rub it into my arms and shoulders and it worked pretty well, I felt alot better and it got rid of the burning heat feeling. Im also 28 weeks along. I dont think any harm will come to the baby, but from now on I just plan on staying out of the sun as much as possible. Sunburns are no fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I don't think any harm would be done to the baby, but for yourself there is always that possibility what could happen on down the line. Vinegar will take the sting out of your sunburn real quick...just rub it all over where you have the burn at...it'll sting a little while having it done, but it'll be much better afterwards! Also Aloe Vera gel helps to soothe it!

Old 07-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

No sunburn won't have hurt the baby...just you..ouch! The thing to avoid though is getting dehydrated which is a possibility when you get sunburnt. Keep drinking plenty of fluids and your baby will be just fine.

Spanish

Old 07-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Quote:
Vinegar will take the sting out of your sunburn real quick...
Yikes! That seems very painful, maybe I'm jsut a wuss. This morning my sunburn stopped burning like it did yesterday, but it stull hurts, especially when I lift my arms up. The skin feels really tight. I took a cool shower yesterday and applied aloe gel afterwards. JLMandPaul, do you think I can use Ocean Potion Aloe Gel Lotion? That's what I have here. ITs pure aloe with tea tree oil to moisturize. I wasn't sure if lotion was a good idea, but since my skin is quite dry, maybe it will work.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #6
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

Roxy..I think it will work just fine, basically anything with Aloe will soothe a sunburn so if the lotion has aloe in it, it will work. The lotion part will probably be good to prevent skin peeling, which is happening to me since I just used the straight up aloe gel without lotion (I was too lazy to apply lotion after the gel, lol). Just make sure to stay out of the sun and use sunblock if you can't.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Oh, the sun is the last thing I want to be near right now! Thanks for all of the advice.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Hi Roxy

I recently went on vacation and got sunburned one day. The only thing I had with me was Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion and it worked great! My sunburn healed quickly and I didn't peel at all. It was definately the best lotion I've ever used on a sunburn.

Take care!

Nicole x

Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

Cocoa Butter, good idea! I have some of that at home.

Closed Thread