It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Question I hate to ask this again

I know a while back someone asked if for a list of everything you need for a baby. I have looked back over about 20 pages and I can't seem to find it. I f anyone has a site or can remember what the name of that thread was I would really be greatfull!

Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: I hate to ask this again

I think I know which one it was. I posted in one about that topic so I checked my posting history to find it...it was called "What to Pack" in the pregnancy boards and it was first logged on March 24/05...hope that helps. I would call your hospital or ask your OB for a list of what they suggest you bring, not all hospitals are the same, I've read of some that are very generous and provide pretty much everything, but our hospitals here you have to provide all your toiletries. I was given a list of what to pack by my OB and I used that to base my packing on.
Here's my list:
Shampoo, soap, tooth paste/brush, comb/brush, hairspray, hairdryer, little bit of makeup, pre-paid long distance phone card (if needed) and list of people to call once baby comes, maxi pads with wings (the hospital ones aren't the most comfortable) breastpads/nursing cream (if breastfeeding), going home outfit for you (pick something that will still accomodate a belly..takes a little while to fit into pre-pregnancywear) underwear (bring several pairs), slippers (for walking the halls) A pair of DH's swim shorts (so he can come in the shower with you...showers are great for pain relief during labor...but nurses will come to check in on you so DH will feel more comfortable in shorts) deck of cards or something to pass time, baby diapers, wipes and cream (for ride home...they usually provide them during your hospital stay though) baby's going home outfit, a baby blanket, baby carseat/carrier, bottle/formula (if not breastfeeding), pacifier (if plan on using), camera....that's all I can think of for now, but check that previous post and see if you come up with anything else. I am a big planner so I always feel better knowing I packed more than I may need...rather than having to send DH out to buy or retrieve something I didn't pack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Not for the hospital trip what you need in general for the baby. I know there was some sort of post that had a list or websites that had a list on them.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Ohhhh...sorry....LOL...I don't recall that post so I can't help you out there.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

lol no worries. Im just clueless as to how much I need of everything. Im a worrywart and I like to think when it is time comes I will be ready. lol I know I have to be a first time mom because there is realyl no way to be ready.. I can hope

Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Well lets see:
Diapers, wipes, cornstarch for newborns (baby powder for older babies), diaper rash ointment, Mylacon, Formula (if you aren't BF), Bottles, Pacifiers, pacifier holder, burp clothes (I used cloth diapers), blankets, socks (I had trouble finding small ones that didn't come off, finally Walmart brand solid white worked perfect), gowns, sleepers, clothes, bibs, Infants Tylenol, Infants Motrin, Infants cold medicine, Benedryl liquid to rub on gums for teething, thermometor, nail clippers, lotion, baby wash, baby bath tub, wash clothes, bath towels, crib sheets, mattress pad, diaper genie and refills, Car seat, stroller, Baby safe mirror, Pictures that are bold (usually black and white) that infants are stimulated by, Dreft, Stain remover (Totally Toddler), Diaper bag, cooler if going to sitters, Breast pump (if you are BF), maybe an infant bouncie chair and/or swing.

Thats all I can think of right now, of course somethings are necessity, but will make life easier.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I pretty much know what I need I just have no clue for numbers. lol I went to toysrus.com and the list they have.. oh my.. lol the list they have it would take a person 3 years to get all that. I mean I know you need a lot for a baby, but come on.. I think thier list is more tryign to get you to max out your credit cards on thier site than what you really need.

Closed Thread