It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
wondering if baby is ok...

i know u/s's aren't 100% reliable...i had an amnio and i'm just getting antsy waiting for the results. I just had my amnio last week wednesday and i can't help but think about getting the results! i still have over one week to go until i can get anything!

that aside, when i went in for my u/s, the tech said that everything (all measurements) are consistent with my previous u/s that determined my edd (rather than just going by dates alone). If my baby did have down syndrome, would the measurments taken in the u/s reflect anything but normal measurements? I've read that in down syndrome fetuses that in general the arms, legs, spine, and head measurments can reflect down's...the limbs are generally shorter....i know that there is nothing that will be able to put my mind at ease until i get the results from the amnio but can anyone offer any reassurance? has anyone else been notified of posssible down's because of the measurements?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
(female)

OctoberMom2be HB User
Re: wondering if baby is ok...

i had the same problem except i would not have an amnio done, when i went to the "higher up" ultra sound,the level II...and the better doc, he said by the babys measurements u can rule out...(excuse the spelling) Tri-semmy 18.....also something about how they have there hands when its fisted, it wont look normal, but yes,he said babys usually measure 4 weeks behind, i got relief without the amnio I hope everything turns out ok for you and your little one but i do know how it feels to be in that position

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

well, i still have a little over a week to go until i get results from the amnio. everytime i feel "ok" i something triggers a worry in me...it triggers all of the "what if's?" i'm hoping that since everything looked consistent in the last u/s that everything will be ok...i can't help but worry though!

*BUMP*

Last edited by asako; 07-06-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

*****bump*****

Closed Thread