It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

lilmik HB User
What to expect

Can any of you give me some advice on what to expect the last couple of weeks of doctor apptmnts. Does the cervical check hurt or is it like a normal gyno check-up? I'm on to this step next week!

thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: What to expect

I didn't have a vaginal birth but was checked around the end before they scheduled my C section and it was uncomfortable. The Dr inserts hand to check you so it was really uncomfortable to me, and I remember my next visit I was 36 wks or further and the nurse asked me if i wanted to be checked, and I said I have a choice, and she said yeah, so I didn't get checked anymore. Then I found out I was going to have the C section.

Maybe someone else can tell you more. Goodluck.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
Re: What to expect

Whether or not it hurts should depend on you and your cervix. If you cervix is up high and baby hasn't come down much, your doctor will need to insert their hand up there even further. My cervix was high and I hadn't made much progress by 39 weeks (I was dialted to a two with 0 effacement) and being checked was worse then just uncomfortable. I cried and even broke a sweat. They usually aren't too gentle with you considering they have to be sure they're feeling the baby's head, ect. But, when I walked to be induced, I was already in labor and was dialted to a 6 and it didnt hurt at all to be checked. I could actually feel the nurse poking on my bag of water and it just felt weird.

Closed Thread