It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

OctoberMom2be HB User
Is it just me.../Questions

Ok so Im on my 27th week, everything is going great I think, I have a few questions though, the line on your belly, am I the only one who has it all the way, not just from my belly button down but i got it above that too, just darker underneath. Also, I thought it was bad not fitting in my size 3's and moved up to a 15, now I dont fit into them,and my maternity clothes seem to be shrinking too!!! I still got a little over 2 months to go, I dunno what to do anymore bout clothes,lol, I go this thursday for my next check up-next week Im getting a shot since I got the RH negative blood type....also does anyone know when we start going every 2 weeks for our check ups, and when do they do another vaginal exam? The best part is im all baby, no other fat to me...yet,lol, and no stretch marks

~Teresa~
Its a boy!
EDD October 3rd
Christopher Min Jr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Re: Is it just me.../Questions

Hello,
I'm currently in my 29th week and on Tuesday when I went to my ob/gyn she told me she would see me in two weeks so I assume that around 30 weeks they start to see us every two weeks. They usually don't do an internal exam till the last week I think.
Personally I have not gotten any maternity clothes, I just buy larger sizes and I buy a lot of lycra and stretchy materials too. I also still wear most of my long skirts which have an elastic or drawstring waist but I wear them below my belly. Nobody can tell. I went to a wedding last night and a friend asked me if I had gone shopping without her. Little did she know that I had the skirt rolled under my belly! Try and buy clothes that have an elastic waistband or drawstring that way you can adjust them as you grow.
As for the line on your belly, mine starts below my naval but everyone is different.
I don't have any stretch marks either but I do have a nasty rash and have to use a special lotion so I can't use any cocoa butter which I have been using since I got pregnant. Hopefully I won't get them.
Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

i'm 39 weeks on thursday and my line is above and below my belly button (what's left of it - though it hasn't 'popped' yet). since about 2 weeks ago, the line below has gotten super dark too. the line on top is lighter, but definitely there, and goes up almost all the way to my boobs. you think you're growing out of maternity stuff now - hah! Just wait another 10 weeks! i actually don't fit in any of my maternity pants anymore...finally wound up going to kmart and shopping in the plus size section and bought a couple pair of 2X 'fat lady' pants - nothing fancy, sort of capri terrycloth & cotton material. tops are a bit better, but my boobs are so huge it's hard to find ones that cover my belly. got a bunch of stuff on sale at old navy - they have cute maternity stuff. no stretch marks for me either (knock on wood) - and no hemorrhoids either. let's pray that it stays that way!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My line is above and below the belly button. Actually, my line above the belly button is just a tad darker than the bottom half, but not by much. Mine has stayed the same color since it showed up. Boy, I remember the early days where I was paranoid about getting the line...it was one of the worst things that could have happenned to me.

Now at 30 weeks, I've been through 11 weeks of sciatica & no sleep; cracked, dry & bloody nasal passages for the last 2 months; m/s that lasted 14 weeks; and the weight gain (53 lbs)...and I was worried about the Line??? If I'd only known, I'd have focused my energy & worries on more productive things.

No stretch marks yet. I'm really hoping I won't get any since my mom didn't get any. I know the odds are in my favor with heredity, but I check myself every day.
Gayle

Old 07-07-2005, 11:54 AM   #5

Maxx09 HB User

This is my third child and I will be 27 weeks on Saturday. I have stretch marks everywhere except my chest. My son gave me stretch marks on the bottom of my belly, my inner thighs, and my sides because I swelled really bad with him. He was an August baby. My daughter gave me sm on the top of my belly because I carried her higher. This one has nowhere to put them . The good thing is that they're really light. Good luck avoiding them especially because this is when you expand the most. I don't really have a line and didn't get one with my previous pregnancies. I've gained over 20 lbs so far. I have 2 pairs of maternity pants that fit me and they are XL. My belly and my chest are so big so far I'm scared what I'm going to look like when this is all over. It's worth it though! Good luck!!

Closed Thread