It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
corpus luteum cyst

Anyone here been told they have this? My u/s report said that my corpus luteum was hemorrhagic (filled with blood). The dr didn't say anything about it but when I looked it up on the internet it says this puts me at risk for developing a cyst. I'm not too worried about it since the information was very reassuring that it doesn't usually require any treatment and goes away on it's own.

I have some achiness in my rt ovary (where the corpus luteum is) but it's very tolerable (just kind of there). Has anyone else experienced this? I just had a repeat u/s done yesterday and I'll have the report Friday so I'll know how it's doing.

I know my friend had this and it ruptured; she had to have surgery because of it. This doesn't worry me since I know it's rare but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Thanks!!

Kelly

Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

Border3899 HB User
Re: corpus luteum cyst

Hi there! I also have a Corpus Luteum cyst. i am 14 weeks pregnant, at 8 weeks the doctor told me tht it would go away in a few weeks that it was there at that time for the baby. Now at 14 weeks i've had 2 more Ultrasounds and it's gotten much bigger. I believe the last time they measured it it was about 3 to 4 inches in diamater. they said they'd keep an eye on it, so far i dont have any pain in my right ovary, but if i didnt know it was there i'd swear it was on my left ovary because i have a lot of pain over on the left side. They've told me it's nothing to worry about unless it starts causing pain, i sometimes wonder though if the pain on the left side isnt somehow or another related, along with the cramping that i've been getting. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread