It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Talking Heard the heartbeat today!!

Just got back from my 16 wk doctors appt. Heartbeat was in the 150's. I think that usually means its a boy! Who knows, I will find out in a couple wks. Also I got the triple screening blood work done today so I hope that comes back with negative results.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

TJR HB User
Re: Heard the heartbeat today!!

ooooooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! im so happy for you!! how have you been?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

oh TJR! i was thinking about you the other day! im doing ok. this 2nd trimester is a little better than the 1st, but i do have migraines 2 a week so it kinda stinks. but i will get to find out what im having on july 20th! deep down i know its a boy, but we will see.
how about you girlie! how are you?

Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
(female)

TJR HB User

im doing ok, trying hard to not "think" about conceiving and letting it just happen. So far af was due last friday and still hasnt come *crosses fingers* I hope this is it! But then again in april af came on day 41 of my cycle and in may it came on day 33 (normal since my cycle is usually anywhere from 29-33 days) so Im hoping this isnt like april again. pray for me girl!!
so what makes u think its a boy?

Old 07-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

my mom also said that the speed of the heart can tell whether it's a boy or a girl...most times...back when she had our family, there were no ultrasounds etc...congratulations! isn't hearing the baby's heart so neat!?

Old 07-07-2005, 05:24 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

TJR-everyone that i talk to that has has a boy says the heart beat was in the 150's. Girls usually run in the 170's. I am really crossing my fingers for you, I hope your prego! Better let me know asap if you find out you are, lol!!!!
Asako-hearing the heartbeat was amazing, it kinda made things a little more real for me. I just know deep down inside its a boy. I will be happy with either though.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
(female)

TJR HB User

Oooo I never heard that about the hb! Well I will keep it in mind. Todays cd 40 and still no af! throw some of that baby dust my way girl!

Old 07-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

~*.*~Baby Dust to TJR~*.*~GL girlie

Old 07-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

Isn't hearing that little hearbeat great! I heard mine at 12 weeks and it felt good to hear the little one! Mine was in the 160's. My mom didn't have an u/s with my brother and I and the DR correctly predicted both of our sexes by the h/b. Cool huh! I go for my 16 week on the 19th, I will get the triple screen then too. Good Luck with everything!

Old 07-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

oh sweetea-i wonder what your having because 150's usually means boy, and 170's usually means girl, but your right in between! lol. keep us updated! This is my 16th wk, i had the triple screening done wednesday. hope everything is ok. good luck to you as well

Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #11
(female)

TJR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic
~*.*~Baby Dust to TJR~*.*~GL girlie
thanks!! still no sign of af! i have really sore bbs. i know thats also a sign of af but so far she isnt here. also this might be tmi but i was coughing the other day and i peed on myself a little bit! and about 2 weeks ago i was sleeping and i peed on myself a little!! The feeling of it woke me up! LOL. i have never had this problem before. i know im probably grasping at nothing here but it would be so great to get that bfp...
*sigh*

Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

oh wow, it could be a sign...i went to the bathroom constantly! now in my 2nd trimester its not so bad, except if i have a full bladder and i sneeze, look out!! lmao.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 AM   #13
(female)

TJR HB User

cd 41 and still no sign of af... i think i will test monday or tuesday if she hasnt made her entrance yet... im on pins and needles!
so how are you and your little one doing?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #14
(female)

traycei HB User

my first u/s the hb was in the 150s
the second one it had slowed down to 140-145
and not it is about 135-140 so they say it slows down the further u get cause it does not have to work quite as hard.
but i was told a fast one = girl and slower = boy
but i am hoping and praying that i am having a girl so i think my family is just telling me what i want to hear but boy is "she" ever kicking.once they start it never stops huh.
it brought tears to my eyes the first time i heard the hb because i have had such a herd time conceiving ( 9 years) and the 3 other times i did i miscarried so it was very tearfull for me to actually hear it.
good luck

Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

wow traycei, congrats on the baby. how far along are you? i hope you have your little girl, but im sure you will be happy either way as long as the baby is healthy.

tjr-hey girl, you might want to wait longer, if you test to soon it might not show up...got a question for you, how long have you been trying? i cant wait to see the day your post reads, "IM PREGNANT!" haha, anyways whatever you do if AF doesnt come good luck!

Closed Thread