It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User
Baby dropped? Help!!

-What does it feel like when your baby drops? I'm 36wks and the only thing that feels different is my inability to make it to the bathroom in time. It started 2 nights ago, first night it was just several drops but last night I acutally wet my bed. I went to the bathroom, peeed a lot, which suprised me b/c I thought I just emptied my bladder in bed. I and the sheets were completely soaked, for a second there I thought maybe my water broke, but it's hours later now and I have no contractions. Has this happend to anyone else? How did you feel when your baby dropped?? I'm afraid to go to the bed now, what am I going to do w/ this bed-wetting problem, thanks guys

Old 07-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Re: Baby dropped? Help!!

This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what it feels like for the baby to drop but have you called your doctor? It is possible that your water broke. It is possible for that to happen and not be accompanied by contractions. Your doctor will probably want to check you to make sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

I agree that the 1st thing you should do is to call the doctor and tell exactly what happened. If your water did break, you need to be in labor within 24 hours and if you're not, the chances are higher of the baby getting sick from an infection. The doctor may tell you to come to the office, to go to L&D, or to wait a few hours to see if labor begins. Do NOT sit at home and wonder and let 24 hours go by. Really!

As for how you feel when the baby drops, for me it was like I could breathe again and when looking in the mirror at my profile, I could see the baby was lower.

Call the office now and tell them you wet the bed and it may have been your water breaking. They know what to tell you!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 07-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

I phoned my doc, but he wasn't in the office. I'm pretty sure though it wasn't my water b/c I've been told b/f that one good way to tell the difference b/w the two is the smell. Mine definitly was urine. I went and bought some maxi pads to prevent this from happening agian tonight. I don't want to change the sheets everynight. thanks Barb and firsttimemom.

Closed Thread