It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

Marisa7 HB User
Book Wrong!!

Hey Ladies just a lil FYI in the book what to expect it says sex can be determined at 9-13 weeks my doctor said that the information is wrong you cant tell that early not untill 20 or so weeks. I am now wondering what else is wrong in this book.. ne ways I do have one question I am been craving hot dogs like crazy expecially chili cheese dogs on pretzel buns from Wienerschitzel I heard that these are not good to eat I am not eating them everyday but like 2 times a week is this bad?? Thanks Ladies!! Have a good one

Old 07-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User
Re: Book Wrong!!

my girlfriend found out what she was having at 15 wks. i will be going july 20 to find out what im having, i will be 18 wks. i believe the earliest you can find out is 15, but the longer you wait the easier it is to tell.
also, with hot dogs i hear it takes your system 2 days to digest a hot dog because of whats in it. so i would probably try and limit to maybe 2 times a week if you can

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

Sex can be determined around 9-13 weeks however it can not be detected on U/S accurately until much later since the baby is still pretty small. By 13 weeks the parts are there to to speak just hard to see.

From what I have heard/read etc... Hot dogs that are fully cooked and prepared at home are ok but the ones you can get out that might not have been kept at the right temperature could be bad. I would think a regular restaurant would be ok just not the ones you can get at fairs, ball games or gas stations. You never know how old they are and how they are handled.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I found out for ds at 18 weeks and 26 weeks for dd

Old 07-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

With my 2nd child I found out as early as 12 weeks. Unbelievable I know but it's true. He said girl & he was right. But with my 1st, 3rd, & 4th I didn't find out until week 16.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

Marisa7 HB User

Thanks Ladies I was just happy my baby is okay I saw the heartbeat and lil body that made me but I will find out ( if the baby lets us) I just want a healthy baby.. and there was only one heartbeart so no twins this time (well not yet) twins run on both sides and its both of our turns two of my cousins have had twins But we are just having one this time around )

Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My understanding of sex organ development is just what FirstTimeMomma said. It develops and starts getting visible that early, but not clear on a sonogram. I've also read in several books that the sex organs look like boy parts earlier on, and after week 16 or 17, the female parts will start taking their shape.

The parts are clear to see around week 20 (when they are typically doing the 20-week sono), so that's why they like to wait.

I had an amnio at 17 weeks and both docs agreed it was a girl at that time...they both said she was in exactly the right position to see it that clearly that early. Amnio results confirmed it's a girl.

As for the hot dogs, you will be fine. Actually, a chili cheese dog sounds AWESOME to me right now. Earlier on in my pregnancy, my everyday lunch for about 2 weeks straight was a package of Ramen noodles cooked down nice & thick with cut-up hot dogs, and covered in cheese. Every single day. Didn't matter what flavor of noodles I had...beef & hot dogs, chicken & hot dogs, shrimp & hot dogs, oriental & hot dogs, mushroom & hot dogs...yum!
Gayle

Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

I found out about the sex when i was 17 weeks. It's a girl. As far as hotdogs go, because of the nitrates you should only eat them it they are well done. I also have read alot about limited deli meats as well because of the same reason.

Closed Thread