It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

traycei HB User
Question High BP

My dr. told me my bp is getting up there,
i have not been doing anythign that would make it go up i didnt think so anyways.
he told me to watch my bbqs and white bread and ice cream.
i dont eat ice cream anyways and hardly any white bread except for a few hamburg buns, so i dont know what else to do to bring it down.
anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: High BP

Did they tell you to watch your salt too?? I don't have high bp...just asking. Isn't that what they advise for non-pregnant people to do?
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Sometimes hypertension during pregnancy has absolutley nothing to do with your diet it is just one of those things that happen but could be potential dangerous, actually is dangerous if it gets to hihg, get your pressure checked regularly,and eat as though you are hypertensive every little bit helps, what was your bp?

Old 07-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

i agree with valerie. I too have high blood pressure on reocurrent ocassions...i was told to watch my salt intake, eat healthy, get my feet up as much as possible when sitting and lie on my left side as much as possible. now my bp is getting better...if not, they will jsut moniter your bp and urine and hopefully you will not be lumped into the preclampsia boat. good luck.

Closed Thread