It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

peacefrogs79 HB User
Can anyone give me any insight??

Hello all, I am 25, son of a 5 yr. old and yesterday had my pregnancy confirmed at my dr's. office!! I am very excited and want this baby but im also scared...
3 years ago I was in a car accident leaving me with a spinal cord injury, a fractured hip,and pelvis. I have done tons of research on the net and Im not too worried about the spinal cord injury because I know that millions of women have children after a sci. What has me concerned is the hip and pelvic fractures. I read that it may not allow enough room for the baby?! I couldnt find anything in more detail. I cant get in to see my dr. til the 21st of this month and this all has me worried! Before my injuries giving birth to my son was a breeze..I had no complications what so ever, had him 20 min. after arriving at hospital! My OB said that I was meant to have kids. I really hope some of that carried over, now...

anyone that can offer any information on the hip and pelvic fractures,it would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 07-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
(female)

JennaLynnK HB User
Re: Can anyone give me any insight??

I wouldnt worry about it too much. You just concieved, take this time to be excited, and then worry about it when your at the doctors. The worst that could happen would be you'd have to have a c-section. Which I understand can be devasting for some women.

Sorry I really don't know much about whether or not vaginal birth will effect your injuries or not. Good luck with whatever happens. Just focus on the important thing, your going to have a baby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

peacefrogs79 HB User

Thanks for the reply Jenna!
Im not worried about a c section,if it comes down to that,thats ok! I just want to make sure the baby will be ok and have enough "room"

Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
(female)

lifegoeson HB User
Post Re: Can anyone give me any insight??

Hello and congrats on your pregnancy.

My name is Sabhel. The only thing I could suggest is call your doctors office and ask to speak to his assistant or nurse.

Leave a message on there voice mail with your concerns and someone should call you back. If they feel there is a urgency for you to be seen due to post injuries they should call back and get you in earlier if they feel its needed.

If they do not feel the need for an earlier appt they should explain why as well to ease your concern and hopefully be able to answer any questions you called on.

enjoy your pregnancy and congrats,
Sabhel

Last edited by lifegoeson; 07-07-2005 at 06:43 AM.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Congratulations to you!! I'm sorry to hear about your horrble accident, but it's awesome that you've done so well!!!

Definitley don't stress yourself about this...I'm sure there are ways to tell whether or not your pelvis can still accomodate giving birth. Just share your concerns with your doctor...but don't worry! Enjoy your pregnancy!!

Jenn

Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Congratulations to you!! I'm sorry to hear about your horrble accident, but it's awesome that you've done so well!!!

Definitley don't stress yourself about this...I'm sure there are ways to tell whether or not your pelvis can still accomodate giving birth. As for having enough room, The uterus expands and goes where it needs to, so baby will be just fine. Just share your concerns with your doctor...but don't worry! Enjoy your pregnancy!!

Jenn

Old 07-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #7
(female)

peacefrogs79 HB User

Thank you for the replies. I definetly plan on having a long talk with my dr. I just want to make sure the baby has enough room!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #8
(female)

peacefrogs79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1here

Definitley don't stress yourself about this...I'm sure there are ways to tell whether or not your pelvis can still accomodate giving birth. As for having enough room, The uterus expands and goes where it needs to, so baby will be just fine. Just share your concerns with your doctor...but don't worry! Enjoy your pregnancy!!

Jenn

im1here, thanks for explaining that the uterus expands where it needs to...that really helps ease my mind!

Closed Thread