It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

Renee518 HB User
Hi

Hey all,
I little about me
I wil be 21 in a few weeks. I have been w/ my b/f for about 5 years.
We have been having unprectied sex for about 2 years now. But he was been "pulling out"
Over the past few months my period has been comming earler. Now I have been getting SO sick to my stumich and am SO tired.
It not due for my period till around the 15.
I was wondering what are the chance we are? Can you still get your period and be preg.?
IF we are it will be a pleasent surprise!
At this time I don't have health insurance. So I wont go to th doc till I know forsure.
It also scares me that we have been having unprected sex(withdrawl) for 2+ yrs. and I still havent gotten preg. I"m worry I will never be abole to.
Please help w/ any adivice.
What do you all think?
Thanks,
Renee

Last edited by Renee518; 07-06-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Re: Hi

I was right there with you! I have been with my DH for 8 years and we never used protection...always the pull out method. I was worried that I too was not able to get pregnant. Then the first month we started trying, BOOM, I was pregnant.

You can still have your period and be pregnant. Some women have their period for the entire 9 months. I mised mine, but I found out 4 days before mine was about to start.

There might be a chance. Best thing to test. You can probably start testing with an Early detection test around the 11th or 12th. You never know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Hello and welcome to the boards.
The only thing I can tell you is not to stress out too much about not getting pregnant yet. My husband and I were the same way but only for a year and when we actually tried to get pregnant I read a lot about ovulation days etc. I realized that there was so much I didn't know. We got pregnant the second month of trying and it was a huge surprise cause it is very normal for couples to take between 9 months to a year to conceive.
Just relax and try not to think about it. Getting pregnant is really not as easy as people think!
Keep us posted on your AF.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

Renee518 HB User

Thanks all,
Does anyone know the chances of becoming preg. w/ the WD methoid?
I Just feel SOO bloted ALOT.My lower belly feels weird. It's too early to feel any diffrence right? My DB suggested getting a PT, but I told him I think it's a little early for that.
Thanks agian all!
Renee

Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

Renee518 HB User

Also any idea why my period has been comming earler and earler every month?

Old 07-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

kimde HB User

Are you feeling crampy or do you have tender breasts? Those were the first signs for me with my first pregnancy. You may simply be experiencing PMS if you are feeling bloated and tired. Take a test...it is your best bet!

As for your periods, I would check it out with your ob/gyn. You could have a medical reason for the change in your periods. Also, if your cycle is too short--less than 28 days, you may not be able to support a pregnancy. This was an issue when we tried to get pregnant for the first time, and I had to use progesterone to lengthen my cycles.

Good luck to you, but remember, you are young, so don't try anything too hasty! You have many child-bearing years ahead of you!

Old 07-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #7
(female)

Renee518 HB User
Exclamation Re: Hi

wow your scaring me. How do I know how long my cycle is? When do I start to count..when I 1st end my period till it starts back up agian?
I dont feel as I do when I'm about to get my period its a bit diffrent. I don't get bloded when I get my period. I ususlly just get cramps. Plus it's still a week till I SHOULD be getting my period. I have been getting heartburn for the 1st time since like 1/12 mon. ago. I don't know if im feeling crampy...my lower belly just feels weird.
My back has been sore.I just feel like something is going on, Im just not sure what.
I don't have the $$$ or insurance to just go to the doc. inless I KNOW somwthing is going on...
can the preg. test fail even if your are preg. and are getting you periods? I have ganed 5 lbs. in just over a week. I just have this weird feeling like something is going on.
Please tell me what the possiblites are becoming preg. w/ the WD method.
Honstlly what do you all think? Am I? Could I be? Or probly not? Or mostlickly not?
THANKS all!
Renee

Last edited by Renee518; 07-07-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #8

LPierce HB User

I am 24 and my husband and I were using the pull out method....I am now 28 weeks pregnant. If you dont want to get pregnant, use a condom and the pill. I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of Dec. and the only prevention we used was the pull-out method. What you have to take into consideration is that even though they pull-out, there is still a small amout of semen coming out the entire time. And its enough to get you pregnant. As far as the heartburn....You dont get heartburn in the first few weeks of pregnancy, that comes when you get to where I am, when the baby is pushing our stomach higher. I got pregnant around 1-16-05 according to the docs, I remember that I spotted on the 17th (but only once that day) which the docs said was implantation bleeding. I took a PT that came back pos on 1-30-05 about 2 weeks into the pregnancy. Good Luck!! Hope you outcome is how you want it to be.

Closed Thread