It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #1

ChocolateGirl25 HB User
Thumbs up I'm pregnant!

I just found out I am pregnant on Sunday.

I have a uti and a bacterial infection (not an STD) how will this effect my baby?

P.S. I was to have an appointment today for the 2 problems but I have sinced found out I was pregnant so I had to change my appt. to 6-18-05.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Re: I'm pregnant!

Congrats!!!

Is this your first baby? I know that you want to get those checked out asap so that you can get on an anti-biotic. As far as the UTI I don't think that poses a direct threat to the baby a bacterial infection might. Is your OB aware of this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #3

ChocolateGirl25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeMomma
Congrats!!!

Is this your first baby? I know that you want to get those checked out asap so that you can get on an anti-biotic. As far as the UTI I don't think that poses a direct threat to the baby a bacterial infection might. Is your OB aware of this problem?

i have been pregnant before but miscarried in the 5th month. My ob does not know about the infection yet .

Old 07-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

I would not change my appointment. I would get in to see the dr. right away. You defineatly need antibiotic

Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I get bacterial infections everytime I get pregnant, it is a disruptyion of normal flora...bacterial vaginosis, they will give you some inserts but they are contraindicated during pregnancy so I didnt take them didnt want to risk anything to the baby, it is annoying if anything..discharge and stuff..dont worry and CONGRATS!

Old 07-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Congrats!!

The bacterial infection will probably only be annoying to you-won't hurt baby. The UTI I would go do something about-if it gets bad enough it could end up in your kidneys and do damage there-again, won't hurt baby, but you should get those things cleared up.

Good luck to you!
Jenn

Old 07-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #7
(female)

kimde HB User

I had a UTI just before I found out I was pregnant. The doctor gave me an antibiotic that was safe to use during pregnancy (just in case!). It cleared right up and it didn't affect my new baby in any way. Get to the doctor! The longer you wait, the worse it will get!

Old 07-08-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Definitely get the UTI looked into. UTI can CAUSE miscarriage.

Closed Thread