It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
What about nosie?

I was just wondering if noises bother the baby. Sometimes at my job (i am a bookkeeper) the machines are running and it's loud. Do you think she is annoyed? Also, if the baby is use to the sounds will loud noises not bother her when she is born?

Also has anyone heard of when a baby is sleeping that you shouldn't be quiet this way he/she can sleep through anything?

Old 07-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

Noel's girl HB User
Re: What about nosie?

I have been told that you should not tip-toe around the baby when she is sleeping because it will be harder for her to sleep through noise you make arould the house, or when you take her to other events where they will be making noise. And I watched an episode on t.v. one day from conception to birth and I am pretty sure that it said that the noise that is made that is loud to you has to go through so much until it reaches the baby like the fluid in your baby etc. that it does not really bother the baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

babygirl...this topic is discussed in the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book. It talks about how loud just your own body is (bloodflow, heartbeat, your voice, etc). I'm not in the mood (nor is my body) to go upstairs & look it up, but it takes a lot of noise on the outside to override the noises already inside.

I've also read in several books the babies are more soothed by white noise versus being too quite...because they are already used to noise in the uterus.

I would highly recommend you get the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting". You can buy it for around $10 to $12 new, or at the library.
Gayle

Old 07-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I just had my DD a month ago today and she'll sleep through anything. I never stopped cleaning or anything and noises well I didn't stop them either. Now, since she is use to hearing them they don't bother her. I was vac****** under her craddle the other day with her in it and she never even jumped. So go on with your daily noises lol
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

during this pregnancy, I have been to monster truck shows that are indoors, the noise was so loud sometimes that you had to cover your ears. and just 2 wknds ago, I went to drag races, and if you know about those, there are those alcohol powered rail cars and they are so loud you need to either cover your ears well or use earmuffs, we take my dd and my nephew with us and they where the ear muff things all the time. no problems here. Infact the docs told me it was fine, the uterus and the waters protect the baby well, and like said above your own body makes alot of noises also, between, blood flow, uturine sounds, gas, gurgles from hunger etc... I would not worry about noise.

Also this way when the baby is born, it will be used to sounds. And do not tip toe around baby when it is sleeping, as it won't sleep through sounds. My dd can sleep through fireworks above her head, and the car races also, she is so used to it. Do yourself that favor lol, as I know people who do the tiptoe thing around there babies and the slightest sounds, it wakes them up, not a good practice. good luck

Old 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Thank you all for your insight.

Gayle - I do have that book amongst about 4 or 5 others. I will have to look it up as i do not remeber reading about it. Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

Old 07-08-2005, 04:27 AM   #7
(female)

RebbieO HB User

I read somewhere that they sometimes jump if there's a sudden loud bang, but I don't think it really bothers them. I also heard the same about white noise. Apparently, if you take your baby to somewhere loud like a bowling alley, they have a built-in defense mechanism that makes them shut out all the noise by going to sleep. Some people even sit their babies in front of the washing machine or dryer to get them to go to sleep.

Rebbie

Old 07-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

My husband and I went to see the new Star Wars movie over the weekend, that was VERY VERY loud and the babies didn't seem to mind at all. Back when I was around 20 weeks we went to a loud rock concert and the babies were fine then too.

Closed Thread