It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Unhappy Just another rant...

Hello everybody

I'm feeling so frustrated and depressed right now. As some of you already know I've been struggling with HG (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) throughout my pregnancy. About a month ago I thought it was calming down. I was being sick about once a week instead of everyday. For the past 2 weeks now it has made a nasty comeback. I'm now 31 weeks pregnant and vomiting every single day and losing weight again (I only mangaged to gain 6 pounds). Last night was bad and today has been horrid. I know that in the last trimester you're supposed to eat more often and it's killing me that I can't and when I do it comes back up.

This afternoon I curled up on the bathroon floor and bawled for a while. The ole feeling sorry for myself routine. I know there are people out there a lot worse off than I am but I couldn't help it. Months and months of puking has taken a real toll on my body. Fortunately my baby is doing just fine. I'm having sonograms every 4 weeks and she's growing as she should be.

I feel so depressed right now and nobody really understands. DH is fantastic but I hate him seeing me so disgusting all the time. I've come so far but can't believe there is still 2 months to go. I just want to scream. None of my friends get it...they still think it's m/s. I wish. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Thanks for listening.

Nicole x

Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Just another rant...

sorry you are feeling so horrible, the only thing I can say is hang in there even though easier said then done. I can only imagine what you are going through. Time will go fast hopefully and then you will have your baby and say it was all worth it. good luck, chin up, don't give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I know where you are coming from, I can't imagine being sick still at 31 weeks. I am almost 16 weeks and I thought I had it bad! I definately know the whole feeling sorry for yourself thing, sometimes you just got to let it out. I feel the same way with DH, I feel bad he has to see me look so gross all the time but I just can't physically "look nice" everyday. What has your DR said, can he give you something to help with the nausea and vomiting? Then you could at least put on some weight. I am glad to hear that the baby is doing good, that is great. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but just try and keep your head up. I know I haven't gone 31 weeks feeling like absolute crap, it has only been 16 but it feels like years! I hope things turn around really quick for you.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
(female)

KLKL HB User

Hello Nicole,
Just wanted to tell you at 30 weeks, not only i vomit everyday i am having horrible contractions and pains as well. I am scared very much. Just wanted to remind you that although most people feel batter by now but I haven't either so you are not alone.
Take care and hang in there.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I know how you feel.

I have 2 mths left and I had to go refill my zofran today I was really hoping I was done with the drugs and could get better.
I've gained about the same amount as you throughout this pregnancy too.
I would completely have a meltdown if I thought I could pick myself up from it but I'm afraid it would be a downward spiral. The one thing I feel I can be thankful for is they always tell me the baby is fine. I honestly don't see how I can be so miserable and him be fine.

Good Luck I think I have resigned myself to believe that it won't get better at least I am not getting my hopes up.

It's good to have this place and the people who are going through similar experiences to help cope otherwise it is a very "alone" thing.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Thanks everybody!

This place is definately a blessing. It's great to come here and get support and know that you're not alone. Like I said most friends and people in general just blow this off as m/s. Last night DH stayed up with me for hours just letting me talk and cry even though he had a conference early this AM. He just wanted me to be able to get this off my chest.

Sweetea...early on the doc gave me Cyclizine to help with the sickness but it doesn't work and he doesn't want to prescribe anything stronger. Even when I was in the hospital and the nurses injected me with it nothing happened. Zofran isn't used over here.

MissT...I've also resigned myself to the fact that it won't get any better. As the delivery date draws closer there's a chance it will get worse. I can't imagine that! I'm just happy that the OB is talking about doing a section...I feel like I won't have anything left in me for actual labour and delivery.

Thanks again everybody for the support and kind words. ((HUGS))

Nicole x

Old 07-17-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I cna completely understand, I have the same prob. I had to be in the hospital twice alreayd and I am only 13 weeks. I have had days were i sick through both my nose and mouth and lying on the floor. It is horrible! Not anyone should feel like that. I take 4 pills a day and I try to keep my self as least stressed as possible. I have been told that for serve morning sickness seems to disappear around 10 or 20 weeks. lol I have a sense of humour but Im not sure I can take much more. Im with you and Ican greatly sympathise. Try and be as less stressed as possible and just really take care of yourself!

Old 07-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Well Nicole, I know you've been struggling with this for the entire time. I do sympathize with you. I think about you a lot, as you & I are due within a week of each other and seem to be going through a lot of the normal sysmptsm at the same time. I would come and hold your hair back while you puke if I could.

You have come so far already. Look how many weeks we have left? Just think of how strong you will be when it comes to facing obstacles in the future. I know what it feels like to have the meltdown. Just know that I'm thinking of you...it will be over soon!!!!
Gayle

Old 07-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Thanks again everybody for your support. I saw my midwife today and as soon as I laid eyes on her I started to cry. *lol* She's been great throughout all of this. Today she told me that she's never seen HG last so long in someone as it has with me. Her conclusion is that the HG will only disappear once the baby is delivered. She's supporting my OB's request to do a section. I can't wait. I just want everything to be over. My weight gain still stands at 6lbs but I will probably have lost weight by now with all of the puking. The great thing is that my little girl continues to grow and grow! We heard her heartbeat today and it sounds so strong!

Gayle..Thanks for offering to hold my hair back. That would give DH a break anyway! Lord knows he's had his fair share of practice. Our due dates will actually end up being around the same time if I do the section. I am trying to stay really strong but sometimes it gets a bit too much. I know the end result will be well worth this though.

Again, thanks so much everybody!

Nicole x

Old 07-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I can't imagine what you're going through. I really feel for you. I thought I was lucky and most of my nausea went away at 14 weeks. Now at about 29 it all came back! I can't imagine having it the whole time, it's only been about 2 weeks since mine's returned and I feel like I'm dying. Yesterday was the first day I haven't thrown up and that was more because I held it all day.

Hold on! There's not much left although I know it seems like forever. You've made it through the majority of it. It'll be well worth it in the end.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Goodness ladies - I am soooooo sick too. I can barely drive to a store and make it back home. I am not a person who throws up easily (I have thrown up maybe 5 times in my life) so I haven't been yet during pregnancy but...... I have wanted to.

I was pretty sick and then all of a sudden I was feeling better and getting an appetite but then I got put on progesterone at 8 weeks and I have been on it for only 4 days and I am so sick. AND TIRED.

I think the drug is bringing back the m/s allllll day..... do you think it can?
Any advice or knowledge on progesterone and m/s is NEEDED! I take it orally.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

After 2 trips to the hospital finally my Doc decided to have my hormoans tested it turns out that my hormoans had been 3 times what a normal person would have had at 8 weeks. My doc told me that higher hormoans will influence morning morning. The higher you have the more likely you are to have worse morning sickness. I hoped that helped.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I've had a lot of bloodwork done throughout the pregnancy and thankfully it always looks pretty normal. There have been a few times when my vitamins/minerals were a bit low but that's to be expected when a lot of vomiting is going on.

One theory on Hyperemesis Gravidarum is that the body is having an allergic reaction of some sort to either the baby or the chemicals released by the placenta. The extreme nausea and vomiting is the body's way of trying to get rid of the thing that's causing all the disruption. Who knows though... Whatever the reason, it's horrible. I'm just thankful that with proper care and support (which I have had lots of) from family, friends and medical staff babies of HG mothers are always born completely healthy and go fullterm.

Nicole x

Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I never heard that thoery, all my doc told me was that she figured my H.G was due to my high hormoan levels. I had to have an u/s because one of the theories was that it could be twins, but no, Im having just one! So he thought maybe it was because I so dehydrated.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

I really don't know what to say except that I feel so bad for you. ((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))
I hope the next few weeks fly by and you have your precious little bundle of joy in your arms.
Take care

Closed Thread