It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #1

Jess_10 HB User
where are all the july moms???h

Just curious to know how all the July moms to be are doing, i understand that it is coming close to the end of the month but for those that are left how are you doing? I have until tuesday to go so just 6 more days hopefully less or so i'm hoping...i'm thinking of trying to get myself to go in sooner but am unsure of what to do any suggestions would be great.
take care all

Old 07-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: where are all the july moms???h

well I am still here, due saturday the 23rd. There are many things you can try, although I have to believe that if the baby and your body is not ready, nothing will work. things I have tried:

walking, sex, nipple stimulation, bouncing on a excercise ball, black cohosh, EPO inserted and taken orally hmmmmm what else lol, only thing I have not tried is the castor oil and the membrane stripping, which doc never even mentioned lol.

Last week I was 1 cm and 1 inch on the cervix, and this week I am 2 cm and 50% effaced, not favorable for pitocin induction without the cervidil still. I could have been induced this morning, but don't wanna go the cervadil route again. good luck in trying to get it to come early, I can't lol, my baby is stubborn, has not even decended yet, still a -3 station. oh well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi! I'm still here as well. Due Sunday 24th. Not too bothered about the baby coming early (DH still hasn't finished our new kitchen!) but I don't want it to be too late. Oh please please don't let me end up being an August mum! LOL!

Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
(female)

prpyllhaze1 HB User

I was due july 20th...I am still waiting.... I had my membranes stripped on the 20th and am waiting/hoping for it to take effect. Being overdue stinks because now it is all I can think about!
I am 3 centimeters dialated and 80% effaced. My ob said that he will induce me next week before the baby gets too big as big babies run in our family. My daughter was 8 lbs 11oz and 22 inches long, and my brother was 9 lbs 14 oz...which I think is pretty large.
I have had an easy pregnancy and am not too uncomfortable but I still can't wait.
Has anyone else heard of the membrane stripping or had it done?
I heard different things about it, some say that it took a few weeks to work, others say that they had it done and went into labor that night.
I have a few friends who have used castor oil and it does work , but only if you are ready. I personally wouldn't risk it because it isn't a good experience from what I've heard. The first time my friend did it worked. The second time she was due in 7 days and tried it....she had horrible pains and contractions, and spent most of the day in the bathroom, but didn't go into real labor.
If anyone has any info on the membrane stripping let me know...

Last edited by prpyllhaze1; 07-21-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:22 PM   #5

Jess_10 HB User

well so far i haven't really tried anything but i know the baby is head down and i know that he or she is dropping rather quickly lately because i can feel it and see how low the belly is compared to before. but i'm hoping that it happens any day now and i would prefer not to go overdue because it's been really hot here and the heat is just a killer.

Closed Thread