It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
(female)

worriedinNC HB User
OUCH!!!! omg is it really that bad???

wow i just watched a birth video and i think im going to cry god that looks like its going to hurt!!!!!!! i hope its not that bad..the video didnt have any sound so i couldnt hear if she was screaming or not but OMG that baby had to be AT LEAST 12 pounds!!!!!!!! OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! how do you guys do that haha all you that have done it before i just want to say you are VERY VERY strong people and i honestly look up to each and every one of you!!!!

anyways lol done with that i have a question...i know cramps are normal and since i dont trust the docs around here because well they havent been to smart about me being preg. in the past couple months..i just wanted to ask ...i have a cramp on only my left side and it HURTS not enough to where i cant walk but its def. pain not just discomfort..is that a normal thing or should i go get checked????
thanks girls and again happy and healthy preg. and deliveries for all!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
Re: OUCH!!!! omg is it really that bad???

your uterus is probably stretching - and that video is why I want to have a c-section LOL - this is my first pregnancy too - and I am NOT looking forward to the delivery.

PS how far along are you? I am 10.5 weeks and I still get the discomfort thing in lower abdomen - I think its quite normal for a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

First of all, I agree about that pain issue!!! Yow!!!

Last edited by FirstTimeMomma; 08-01-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

As for the cramps, how far along are you? I am about 18 weeks and I get pulling campy type pains on and off. A girl i work with is about 34 weeks and still has this happen from time to time. Those are basically ligament and uterus pains as it is growing. If it is not accompanied by bleeding or severe pain you should be fine. You can always call the Drs ofc and ask but it sounds like they might not be very helpful.
Happy pain-free delivery!!! (hopefully )

Last edited by FirstTimeMomma; 08-01-2005 at 03:28 PM.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
(female)

worriedinNC HB User

I'm 24 weeks today!!!! (roxyfoxy if you see this congrats on the 24 weeks point!!! haha) anyways those videos SUCK lol but for some reason I can't stop watching them ahh i need someone to take them away from me before i go crazy haha!!!
I just called my mom and asked her if it was really that bad and she said my oldest brother who is hmm lemme see here lol i think hes 31 maybe 32 but she said back then..yes it hurt VERY bad but with me since im the youngest and stuff was a little better then it actually wasnt so bad. SOOOO maybe im just freakin myself out but wow haha i still cant believe that...
talk to you all later
good luck girls!

Old 08-01-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
(female)

Marisa7 HB User

Yeah it may be painfull but look at what you get when its over a lil bundle of happieness.. All the pain will be worth it.. but I am hoping the drugs will help out a little.. I have watched all those shows b4 but I look at it in a positive light because postive out weights negative..

Baby Jesse Gilbert
Born February 17, 2006
12:14 pm
7 pounds 10 ounces 21 inches

Old 08-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13
and that video is why I want to have a c-section LOL - this is my first pregnancy too - and I am NOT looking forward to the delivery.
C sections aren't always so easy either! The pain afterwards can be very horrible! Either way you'll probably experience pretty extreme pain!

Old 08-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I just did it medication free basically on the 26th of july lol, hell yeah it hurt. Not sure if you read my birth story or not, but with my dd, I got a epidural and I did not feel a thing. My ds however was another story, I had 2 epidurals and neither worked, I am just glad he came very fast, 3 pushes and he was out. I would not want to go through that again. The doc who gave me the epidural said that in his 20 yrs of doing this, he never had it happen 2 times in a row, yippeeeee for me lol. Anyway, once the baby is born, the pain is worth it and you forget all about it pretty much. good luck with the rest of your pregnancies.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

Heck yes it hurts, but you do forget about it...I had my 4 babies with no meds and I wouldn't do it any other way....Good luck with the pregnancy..And you will be fine epidural or not,lol...Ralinda

Old 08-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Looking at those birth videos, I'm just happy that my head is up this end and can't see what is going on down there.... During labour if I get handed a mirror to see what is happening I think I'll throw it at someone... heheheee.... Just watching a delivery makes me feel queezy, I can only imagine what I'll feel like if I knew it was me I was looking at.... that perinium gets a hammering huh! (wince/cringe)

Closed Thread