It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 03:27 AM   #1
(female)

LadyoftheLake HB User
Passing "massive" blood clots during pregnancy

My SIL is going to be 5mths pregnant this month, she is due Dec 17. Well due to some unfort0unate events that had taken place within the last few months, it was really difficult for her to get medical assistance and hasn't been to a doctor until just a few days ago.
The concern is that she is passing clots, though the doctor said that the baby was doing good, they want to watch her.

She is really scared about miscarrying, this would be her second child.

Has this happen to anyone before, and if so did you have a successful pregnancy? Also what exactly does this mean?

I know woman can bleed during pregnancy, but according to her these are massive blood clots, I just would like some info for her so she can have ease of mind. Thanks for any replies.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: Passing "massive" blood clots during pregnancy

Wow I hope is okay with your SIL. I know the only time I passed blod clots was during a miscarriage and it was early on at 6 wks and 5 days. She is already 5 months, wow, I have never heard of that. I know that sometimes women will start bleeding during pregnancy and they find out they have twins. But I think it is earlier than 5 months. I will keep her in my prayers. I am glad she is seeking medical assistance. Keep us updated, hope all turns out well for her and the baby.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

I really hope you don't have anything to worry about. But I keep hearing that no two pregnancies are the same. Everyone is different.

big love out to you - please let us know how she is doing.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
(female)

LadyoftheLake HB User

It was meantioned that it could be a result of twins.....is this still possible. I mean I believe that she only had one examination in the beginning but no ultra-sound, she did get a free ultrasound where her sister works, but that was pretty early on, she was probably only a month and change and that she only heard the heart-beat with this previous appointment. Well, I guess if there was they would of picked up two heart beats. But I know that twins run on the boyfriend's side of the family, his mother was a twin and she had twins, so could that still be possible??? From what she told me, she isn't really showing, but I think we would rather her have twins then lose the baby.

Thanks for your replies, I'll keep you updated....I just hope that it isn't anything and that she makes it to her due date and that the baby is fine.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

I've heard of Twins being discovered during the second U/S and after hearing only one heartbeat! Like Friday13 said, no two pregnancies are the same and it's really hard to judge symptoms against someone elses (from my experience). I will pray for her and that sweet baby!

Closed Thread