It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Exclamation How long after your membranes were stripped did you go into labor?

Hi,
I had my membranes stripped today and the OB said that if my body is ready, I should go into labor within the next 48 hours, I just want to know what your experiences have been. After she did it, I had red blood with mucus for the first 2 potty breaks, now it's brown old blood. She warned me I may bleed, so I expected that. Oh my recent pregnancy history is: I am 2cm dialated and last week was 80% effaced (I forgot to ask how effaced I was now), baby is at -1 station, and I also lost my mucus plug a week and a half ago. TIA for your responses.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: How long after your membranes were stripped did you go into labor?

One more question...after the procedure, how long did you pass the brown old blood for? It's been 24 hours and I am still passing it along with some more mucus plug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Ouch!! I'm feeling for you! I had my mebranes stripped at about 3 O'clock on a Monday afternoon ( I was 40 weeks plus 4 days) and went into labour at 2am Wednesday morning so about 35 hours later. I passed my mucous plug at about 6pm the Tuesday evening but had been having quite a lot of red blood the Monday night and nothing Tuesday untill I lost my mp
Good luck! I hope something happens for you soon

Old 08-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Thanks PJ,
It wasn't very painful for me, my OB tends to be quite gentle when she checks me, not sure if because she's a woman and has smaller hands if that makes it less painful, but none of the times she has checked me have hurt, when she did the stripping it was uncomfortable, but I've had other Dr's/nurses check me and it hurt more. I had the procedure done at 2:45pm yesturday and had red blood for the first 2 potty breaks, then it went to brown, during the night it eased up (I assume because I was laying down) but in the morning it started up again, and 2 of the times I went to the washroom I saw more mucous plug, I think the brown blood is eased up now, when I wipe there is still a teeny bit but not like earlier. When you went into labor how did it start leading up to it? We went for a 1/2 hour brisk walk lastnight and I cramped the whole time, not contractions though it seemed like one big cramp as long as I kept walking. Today, I have a sore back and seem to be a bit more uncomfortable when walking/standing than I have been, but other than that I don't see any labor in the near future. Did you have any inkling it was going to work?

Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

~PJ~ HB User

Hey Kierrasmommy,
The evening on the day I had it done I was very uncomfortable and thought I'd be back to the hospitla that night but when I woke up the next morning feeling absolutley fine I was gutted lol.. that whole day I felt no different than before and it wasn't untill I lost my mucous plug that evening that I thought it might be starting to work My labour started at 2am with really bad back ache and menstral like cramps but my daughter was back to back so I don't know if the back ache was due to that or the stripping?
Hope your on your way!

Old 08-13-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,
Kierrasmommie, thought id join in !

So would you ladies say that as soon as you have lost your mucous plug (without say having your membranes swept) you have a possibility of going into labour? l am 41 weeks and 10 and a half days over my due date. Lost my mucous plug little last nite and alot this morning.

Thanksin advanced

Old 08-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

When I started losing my mucus plug I called our 24 hour health info line and they said usually withing a week of losing it you go into labor...but I'm 1 1/2 weeks passed when I lost quite a bit of mine and still nothing, most of the searches I did on the net said within 2 weeks. So it's possible...but not guaranteed. I hope this is it for you though!

Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

the books l have read have basically siad that the start of labour can entail loss of mucous plug. SO i dont know whats happening?

Old 08-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I know...it's frustrating isn't it, sometimes labor can start within hours, sometimes up to 2 weeks later...I'm still waiting 1 1/2 weeks later although I did lose a bit more mucous plug yesturday. I was excited when the health nurse said within a week, then the week came and went and nothing, then I got excited when I had my membranes stripped and the Dr said if everything was ready it should be within 48 hours, it has now been 48 hours and nothing, so I know exactly how you are feeling. Hang in there you are much closer to labor than I am. I have a feeling it will be very soon for you. Goodluck hun.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User

Hi,

well the past hour l hav ebeen having contraction every fifteen minutes and they are not very nice l dont think they are 60 seconds though, still a bit of mucous here and there. I can thelp but tense up and curl my toes when l get them.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #11
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

I hope it work's for you...I had my membranes stripped twice...1 week apart and nothing either time....I finally went on my own 4 days past my due date...I tried the caster oil, some kind of vitamen the midwife told me about and none of it worked....I wish you the best..Ralinda

Old 08-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

BooBoo, How long have they been coming that close for? If you are really that uncomfortable I'd go in to the hospital...I don't always agree with the waiting until they are 5 minutes apart theory. They could at least maybe help you with the pain. Take care hun. I'm thinking about you.
Ralinda, what vitamin was it she recommended? I have tried castor oil too and the stripping doesn't seem to be working...although I did pass more of the thick mucous yesturday and today...not sure if that is related or not...did you pass thick mucous too after the procedures?

Old 08-14-2005, 03:38 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

what is having your membraines stripped? it sounds like a torture. do you mean waters being broken?

Old 08-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

No, it isn't having your waters broken, when they do the internal to check how dialated you are they just separate the amniotic sack from the cervix which in turn makes your body start producing hormones that can put you into labor. It didn't hurt me, felt like an uncomfortable internal. But I have heard of it being quite painful, I assume it depends on how high up the cervix is and how attached it is as well. Still nothing happening for me, although lastnight my contractions were regular at 8 minutes apart for over 2 hours, and between some of the contractions I'd get PMS cramps. Then they eased up but whenever I got up to pee or roll over I had very painful contractions. Hopefully it's starting.

Closed Thread