It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

pregogirl HB User
Red face 36 Weeks - Braxton Hicks PAINFUL!!!!

I'm 36 weeks and my BH contractions above the belly are starting to get real painful. They feel like a bad sunburn.

Is anyone else experiencing this? owwwwwieeeee!!

Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User
Re: 36 Weeks - Braxton Hicks PAINFUL!!!!

How far apart are they/are they coming even remotely evenly?

You're far enough that the BH can turn into actual contractions but not seem as painful as the real thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I've also been having some painful twinges and BH every now and then. I read in one of my pregnancy books that at this stage some women can start experiencing painful BH in preparation for birth. Maybe it's just your body getting ready for the big day!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
(female)

pregogirl HB User

Altari, I'm going to start timing them....I think they are fairly consistant, and they come mainly when I sit for a while (in a car, on the sofa..)

Thank you!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Fairly consistant? If it's every 10 minutes or less, call your doctor now! Pack your suitcase. This could be IT!!!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 08-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
(female)

OctoberMom2be HB User

i thought braxton hicks werent supposed to hurt, i thought it was just uncomfortable tightening or something?

Old 08-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
(female)

pregogirl HB User

Hi Octobermom2be,

Towards the end they can be painful, though as they always say...every pregnancy is different. Like none of my past prego friends had this painful feeling I have. They had swollen feet though, and I don't, so it all depends I guess....

Old 08-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Is this your first? Towards the end on my first I had painful ones and it was my body preparing the big blow. As long as your water hasn't broke you should be ok. You'll KNOW when they are real. This is a really good time to practice your breathing. Just sitting here I can remember those. Learn to breath and find a focal point. ONLY if they are VERY regular and you can time them then I would call your doctor but they won't admit you unless your in so much pain you can barely talk. Your baby could be moving, or you might have dropped and your noticing the BH more because of his posistion. Good luck , let us know when that little angel comes into this world!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

My bh's were not painful until the middle of the night last night. I woke up thinking I had pulled something out of wack, but it was a bh. Hasn't hurt since though. If that was the slightest indication of real labor, I am now terrified. Anyway, I know they hurt so I feel for you. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:55 AM   #10
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Don't be terrified, I'm not going to lie to you but it does hurt like nothing you've ever felt but that's what medication is for and you can do alot with the breathing techniques. The long slow..in through the nose for five seconds and out through the mouth for five can work miracles. IF the baby is moving making it hurt worse, try patting his/her back and she/he might settle down. I used to rub their backs. My twins really hurt toward the end because there was NO room left in me so I sat in a recliner as much as possible. Stay off your feet. I went to walk the mall once and I had BH so bad I was sick to my stomach and everyone gathered around me. I was so embarrased. Good luck

Closed Thread