It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User
Question Low baby kicks...

Hiya...

I'm 26wks pg and I seem to be getting majority of my baby kicks really low. Its as if she is stomping on my cervix, I also get a lot of bladder jabs!!! I've got a couple of questions if anyone can help me?

* Does anyone else have this sensation at lot?
* Does this mean my baby doesn't like being upside down and may be breach?

Thanks so much for the help!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User
Re: Low baby kicks...

Are you sure they are not punches? My DS loves to kick AND punch Especially in the kidneys too

Plus, you are still a few weeks away from labor. There is plenty of time for your baby to turn himself around--sometimes the doctor can even "massage" the baby into a head down position. So try to breathe easier Things should be ok!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
(female)

Border3899 HB User

Oh my gosh i am 21 weeks and get the same kicks or punches that feel like they're down near my cervix they drive me crazy, but i'm not worried about it to much because i just had a Level 2 ultrasound and everything was great, i just chalk them up to the position my wonderful baby boy is in. I find sometimes if i go to the bathroom when he does that they go away but not all the time. I'm so glad i'm not alone!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

I get them and it hurts! Mine likes to attack my pelvic floor.

It's far too early to tell if the baby is breech. Between now and when you deliver, the wee one will gain another 3-4 pounds (maybe more, I'm not sure). There's still alot of room for gymnastics! Your babe can change his position at any time until he engages is your pelvix (when the presenting part lodges itself to prepare for launch).

Old 08-31-2005, 07:06 AM   #5
(female)

muffintop HB User

Hello, I am now at 31 weeks and have had the same type of kicks and stomps in the lower abdomen/cervex area since I started feeling him move. last week when he was hiccupping I felt it in the upper right of my abdomen. I am pretty confident he was head up and feet down. But last night while watching the news (Bless those people down south) he started kicking and stretching on my left side. I felt pressure as he was turning. SUre enough this morning as I am writing this I can feel his little kicks in the upper left of my abdomen. According to my birthing class book it is about the 32-34 week the baby turns to the correct position and even if he/she doesn't stay there are techniques (2 doctors manually turning him/her) that can help. I don't anticipate him turning around again, but it could happen.

Happy Babies!

Old 08-31-2005, 07:38 AM   #6
(female)

malizoom HB User

Just wait until the kid starts to head butt your cervix. Ouch.

PS- My baby was in breach at 34 weeks and turned over all on her own so I wouldn't worry too much at your stage.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I also got the low cervix kicks around the same timeframe (26-27 weeks).

My doctor told me that in a normal, no-complications pregnancy, they don't really worry a lot as to whether it's in a breech position or not until around 35-36 weeks...or when they see the baby is engaging in the pelvis (happenned at Week 35 for me).

Even as it grows and you think it can't get any bigger in there...it can still flip. I asked a lot of questions about this topic to my Dr. because around weeks 32-35, I was getting really curious because I was getting really big & figured there's no way she has enough room to move in there, yet I could still sense she was turning. She indeed was still turning. She was even head-down and I was still getting those cervix kicks.

I am now 39 weeks, head has been down for a few weeks, and I feel the "cervix kicks". Hope that helps ease your worries.
Gayle

Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #8
(female)

malizoom HB User

Just wait until the kid starts to head butt your cervix. Ouch.

PS- My baby was in proper position till 32 weeks, flipped in a breach position sometime before 34 weeks and managed to turn around again before 36. I wouldn't worry too much about being in breach at your stage.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Mailzoom...I never thought about head-butts! lol...that's probably correct.
Gayle

Old 08-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Thanks so much for your replies.... I will relax in the knowledge that she has lots of time to move and perhaps doesn't prefer the heads up position like I thought she might... Isn't it fascinating that (more often than not) a baby just instinctively adjusts itself to a head down position.... very impressive

Old 08-31-2005, 03:48 PM   #11
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
Isn't it fascinating that (more often than not) a baby just instinctively adjusts itself to a head down position.... very impressive
That, and she kind of has to since her head weighs so much.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

Heheheheheeeee.... that's a good point

Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

I kinda wonder if gravity effects them differently....because wouldn't the blood rush to their head all day then

Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

I think that's a really valid scientific question!!!!

I would think that blood constantly rushing to the head would be quite uncomfortable too.... There must be some explanation as to why it doesn't affect them (as much). Maybe that's why when they are engaged and ready for launch, us mammas-to-be regularly need to lie down?

Closed Thread