It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
When did you feel the first kick?

I was just wondering when everyone felt their baby move for the first time... I'm getting really anxious because my doctor said 3 weeks ago that in the next 4 weeks I will probably feel the baby move and I haven't yet. I am only 17 weeks so maybe it's still a little early? and what exactly does it feel like to you? I heard it's like a little a flutter. Will I know it's a kick for sure? This is my first pregnancy obviously and I'm so anxious to know! Thanks for your responses!

Old 09-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: When did you feel the first kick?

You'll certainly know when it's a kick. There's no mistaking it. It might feel like a little tap at first but you'll certainly feel it. As you get further along they'll become more stronger. I felt mine when I was 5 months on Christmas morning last year. Greatest Christmas gift to date* Oh how the time fly's by....enjoy every waking moment of it. Best of health to you and your little one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #3
Inactive

off kilter HB User

Try having a glass of orange juice at bedtime and lay quiety on your stomach or side. The sugar in the juice and the lack of rocking due to your lack of movement will wake the little one up. concentrate on your baby. You will feel tapping,bubbles,butterfly wings. Every Mom has a different way to describe it. I felt like someone took their finger And moved just the tip up and down quickly inside my lower abdomen. It must have been a tiny foot. Please keep us posted.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #4
(female)

Jellyjam HB User

I am just over 21 weeks and I finally SAW a kick last night!
I have been feeling pressure and flutterings in the area since about 19 weeks, but my DH couldn't feel or see anything happening until last night when we put headphones on my belly.
It was Mozart (played very quietly) and it had a huge effect! I actually felt individual punches and kicks for the first time and we saw little bellyquakes. My DH was so excited!!
We only played music for about 5 minutes, but the baby continued poking and barrel-rolling for the next 10 or so.... We might try it again tonight, but it was a pretty strong reaction...
Was the baby enjoying it? Or was the baby disturbed by the music? Or was it a coincidence? Hmmm... (it was so fun, though!)

Old 09-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #5
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Brooke,
I didn't feel the baby until this week!!! I'm 23 weeks, so I was starting to get impatient! I just feel really light little taps (almost like bubbles breaking in my tummy)! Last night my boyfriend was able to feel them for the first time. We did the head phones thing too!!! I put on Miles Davis and he was thumping all around. It was really cool, but the whole time I was wondering does he like the music or hate it????

Old 09-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #6
(female)

KLynne13 HB User

Brooke,
I didn't feel the baby until this week!!! I'm 23 weeks, so I was starting to get impatient! I just feel really light little taps (almost like bubbles breaking in my tummy)! Last night my boyfriend was able to feel them for the first time. We did the head phones thing too!!! I put on Miles Davis and he was thumping all around. It was really cool, but the whole time I was wondering does he like the music or hate it????

Old 09-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I felt the first kicks around 16 weeks, but dh wont be aboe to feel them for a while, I am 18 1/2 weeks now

Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I am a larger person and I was 21 wks with my first child the first time I felt him and this is my 2nd and I was 19 weeks when I felt her the first time. But it takes several weeks after that before they feel like kicks. At first its more like fluttering or a bubble popping.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Closed Thread