It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

tsfranklin HB User
Vitamin A

I am just wondering what kind of prenatal vitamin everyone is taking. I have been reading a lot recently about vitamin A and how excessive amounts can cause birth defects. I am taking One Source prenatal and it has 4800 IU of vitamin A and only 25% from beta-carotene. I have been trying to find information on this particular vitamin but I cannot find any reviews good or bad. I was hoping someone else had taken it or was taking it and could give me some more information. I am considering calling my Dr. and switching over to a prescription vitamin even though he initially said that over the counter is fine. Any thoughts?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: Vitamin A

I stopped taking One Source when I read about vitamin A and beta carotene, no point in taking chances right !! I am taking Spring Valley Prenatal from walmart, costs about $5 has vitamin A 100% beta carotene and i do pretty well with this one. My doctor offered me the prescription prenatal and i loved it but not when i found out that my co pay for just a vitamin was $30!!!!!!!!! So I'll stick to my walmart brand! LOL!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: Vitamin A

I take GNC prenatal vitamins, mine has Vitamin A as beta-carotene, 5000 IU which has a daily value of 63%. I don't understand the concern? I know you are not suppose to get alot of vitamin A for some reason.....can someone clue me in please?

Closed Thread