It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

10kDilsey HB User
The New & Improved October Moms...

Since the moderator has asked to start a new thread for us October gals, here it is.

Good luck everyone!

Old 09-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User
Re: The New & Improved October Moms...

I wondered when they would do that...it was pretty long! Oh it's almost October....when did that happen?! I feel like there's nothing to do but wait. I really hope she comes soon. October 3rd my a**. Atleast its days we're counting now, not months! Sorry, I feel like all I ever do is complain, but I've been pregnant for the better part of a year, and this baby needs to get out of my belly. Plus I want my brain back...my horomones are awful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

I know what you mean Jess. I feel like the reverse of that Austin Power's character (Get OUT of my belly!)

For some reason I have been feeling really, really weird all day today. I woke up just before 5 AM and have had enough nervous energy since to power a small city. I can't stop cleaning, I can't sit still, it seems like there are a MILLION little things that I need to do for no reason at all. (Like re-potting plants that are just fine where they are.)

The thing that threw me for the biggest loop is my sudden development of a sweet tooth yesterday and today... usually I don't favor much in the way of sugary stuff because as a diabetic I have trained myself off of it. Today I found myself eating bowls of watermelon, raspberries, blueberries, and apples. When the fruit didn't satisfy my urge I finished off a dozen Oreos. Let's not even talk about the now-empty carton of chocolate ice cream that I made a special trip to the grocery store for and purchased only after leaving a salivation trail up and down the freezer aisle.

Actually, today I have just plain been hungrier than I have since the HPT came back positive. I have only stopped eating long enough to breathe. Rodents who eat twice their bodyweight in a day have nothing on me.

I am now so hopped-up on sugar that I can't even blink. I levitate about the house, mop in hand, vibrating at a low hum. My husband is contemplating the merits of duct-taping me to the ceiling and my son is hiding from me lest I give him another bath.

Has anyone else had this experience? I just can't believe how "weird" I have been feeling, and how strong my urge to eat has become!

Old 10-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #4
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Omg, I could probably eat off the toilet seat it's so clean now. I feel like everything has to be perfect. I even have the diapers in the organizer hanging from the crib perfectly lined up. We'll see how long that lasts. Baby clothes are color coordinated and folded...then re-folded until I get tired of it. As far as eating, I was doing great about watching what I ate....key word being was. Now I can't ever get full! There was a point when I could hardly eat or drink because I felt like it would spill right back out of my mouth, and now there's a black hole in my stomache. I think we're riding in the same boat.

Today I found the very first ultra sound I ever got of the baby. I think I was about 12 weeks, and she's 3 cm big in it. Ha! She's gone from my little peanut to my little pumpkin.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who can eat and eat and eat... it sure is nice to hear that it's normal!

Old 10-01-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

My new thing besides eating, is reorganizing.the babies stuff. I keep moving things and then moving them back and rearranging the closet and the changing table. I do this every day. I can't believe it is OCTOBER!!! I joined this board in I felt like October would never get here and now it's here. I wonder how Octobermom2be is. She was 5 cm and i havent seen a post from her. Maybe she was the first October mom to deliver.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #7
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Quote:
I wonder how Octobermom2be is. She was 5 cm and i havent seen a post from her. Maybe she was the first October mom to deliver.
I was thinking about that earlier also....I'm so scared of labor! I go through feelings of being totally impatient about this baby coming to not feeling like I'll ever be ready.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

I hope that she's in the process of delivering or in the hospital post-delivery.

You're not alone in fearing labor and delivery. This is my second time around and I am more than just a little afraid too. I guess we all need to just keep in mind that women have been doing it for thousands of years before us and no matter how bad the pain is, it can't last forever!

Funny thing is, now that my doctor is saying I may have to go with a c-section I am really hoping for the pain of delivery versus surgery. Just color me wishy-washy.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #9
(female)

OctoberMom2be HB User

i know i posted somewhere else but i will post here too, i was due october 3rd, i had my son september 29th at 7:37pm, he was 8lbs 3oz. and 20 1/4 inches, him, I, and daddy are home and great! it is the best feeling to finally hold him. labor on the other hand....
I went in at 230 dialated to 5, my doc broke my water and gave me pitocin, well i was so terrified the epidural would hurt i waited...and waited....well next time they checked me at 7 i was 10 cm! i said gimme the epidural now...so they did...IT DIDNT HURT! but then again IT DIDNT WORK! I had to start pushin by 10 after 7.....baby was out by 737, i am not gonna lie, it was the most Painful thing ever, it hurt so bad i couldnt even cry....it was so worth it though....good luck to you october mommies to be....dont be stupid like me, take the epidural!
oh, and i did not rip or need the episiotomy!! thank goddddd!!!!

Last edited by OctoberMom2be; 10-02-2005 at 08:04 AM.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

Congratulations!! I'm glad you're ok....and I'm glad you said that the epidural doesn't hurt, because that's one of the things I was deathly afraid of. Good luck!

Old 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User

Congratulations!!! I had a feeling you were in labor. You are the first one of us to go. Now I am getting nervous. If could be any day now for the rest of us. I think that Jess is due tomorrow and then me on Thursday but I am still. I will not be waiting for the epidural. When they ask me if i want it I will definately be saying yes.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

Baby and Jess, I am SO ENVIOUS! I wish my due date was next week.

You gals will do great and I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way for speedy deliveries. Now I need to go back to re-folding and re-organizing the baby's room. After all, I have only done it twice this morning so far.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #13
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

I called the nurse today because I had not felt the baby move all day. She told me to go to the hospital....ofcourse she moved as soon as we got to the hospital, but they checked me out anyway. She's doing great. Cervix is still closed, but I am effaced. Now I have to go to my ob in the morning. Dilsey, when are you due? On the bright side, atleast it's this month, which is less than 4 weeks, which is less than 28 days.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #14
(female)

10kDilsey HB User

I hope that you have that baby soon, especially since you are so eager. Do any of you feel like you have been pregnant forever?

I am due on the 24th, but last week they said it looked more like the 19th. I delivered my firstborn two and a half weeks before his due date so I am kind of optimistic that perhaps this one will go head down and head out soon... I can't wait to see her!

Old 10-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I posted this in Sept. mommies since I had my son in Sept. but today was my actual due date. (10-2)
I can't imagine if I had went this much longer and it hasn't even been a week. heh

I had my baby boy (Lakota Lee) Tuesday (Sept 27) at 10:38 a.m.
weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.
The labor once it started was fast I was in labor for 4 1/2 + hours and he was here. I was throwing up right up and after having him but then it stopped completely. NO more HG!!!!! THANK GOD! AND NO MORE SINUS! *Edit since then sinus kicked back up! RAWR!)
I didn't gain weight this entire pregnancy and I lost a whopping 23 LBS *Edit 26 lbs now) so far! I weigh what I did YEARS AGO!

I had some pretty major stitches from a tear and I had a tubal. The tubal stitches don't hurt anymore but the others OUCH! I tore because he came so fast I only pushed twice and boom...baby!
I went from a 4 (dialated) to complete instantly from when I was throwing up. No one was prepared! Not the nurse, dr's etc. I would have not gotten an epidural if they hadn't squeezed me in between 2 C- Sections because of how fast he decided to come and the contractions were strong and painful with the Pitocin. My epidural there were some issues. they gave me some kind of narcotic to block the area before putting in the epidural luckily because they had to try 3 times! but I didn't feel any of it. Hubby was holding me still during my HARSH contractions until he saw the needle they were using and he had to sit down a minute. heh I wasn't phased at all so I didn't know why he got light headed. The narcotic they gave me had a side effect of making you itch and they said it would wear off almost instantly, not for me. I nearly clawed my face off, thankfully I have no nails! I was scratching my whole body, they gave me some kind of meds to make the itching stop but it didn't work the first time and I continued clawing myself to death so they did it again. The nurse gave me a wash cloth instead of my nails and it actually did more damage to my skin. I only have one area that I rubbed raw right at my lips.

Wed when we came home our electricity went out ALL night and we had a pretty bad storm. It was the hottest recorded day here for Sept (104) so it was miserable I was in tears trying to take care of him with a flashlight and being in so much pain myself. I had the option to stay another night at the hospital so that made it even worse, I actually thought home would be better and would have been with power!

aww well it's all over now and he's a great baby, sleeps a lot!

Last edited by MissT; 10-02-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Closed Thread