It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User
What can you take to relieve gas issues?

I did a search on this and can't find anything! Just foods to avoid. My stomach is bloated and painful. I dont have a lot of "passing" gas or belching its just a sore sore tummy.

I am eating bland food and all - I think its more "I have a lot going on" ....

Can anyone please suggest what their doc's have let them take for gas?

thanks!!!

Friday
19 weeks.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
Re: What can you take to relieve gas issues?

My DR said I can to take Maalox. It has something in it that really helps with gas, not just heartburn and stuff. I take two tabs and it does help. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

The liqiud maalox is really good too--I used to have a bottle of it sitting by my bed and I would literally chug it. I got used to the yucky taste after a while too.

How far along are you btw?

Old 10-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I've read in several of my books that milk of magnesia is safe. Just a word of warning though, don't go with the full recommended dose to begin with. Take about half, and if nothing, a little bit more. I took too much and ended up with the runs. Sorry if that's too much information.

I've also been using benefibre candies, and those have helped too. I find when I'm "gassy" it hurts when my bladder is full. It's like there's just too much pressure down there, so I find staying regular helps.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

HI Thanks all !! I found that Phayzme, gas x and mylicone you can take while prego - I took the phayzme! And its helped a lot. I have an ulcer that rears its ugly head once in a while when I have emotional stress... I think I am fine - and then my stomach hurts... right below the breasts and above the belly button - its like someone has punched me.

Thanks for you help!!!

Closed Thread