It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
O.k need advice please.

I have breathlessness! I know this is normal but scary, what do you all feel like. I feel as if I can't take a deep breath or need to cough or something.sometimes my chest hurts.
I am almost 16 weeks. also I think I am having indigestion and/or heartburn, I have never experienced it in my life, have no idea what it feels like. mY stomach has been a complete mess, tummy aches and fullness/bloating all the way into my chest, hurts below my rib cage upper tummy, gets better after A couple hours, I took tums yesterday! I don't have a doc apt till the 2nd. What do you all think?
thanks so much
Carly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

the brady bunch HB User
Re: O.k need advice please.

I am 38 weeks pregnant, and never really had breathlessness. I would say if you are really worried to call your doctor..They may have you come in sooner, or will be able to tell you what to do. Don't be afraid to call, My doctor heard from me all the time. I am a fellow worry wart!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

I started getting that too ata bout 15-16 weeks, and it was in fact indijestion, it put my anxiety through the roof, caue I thought for sure it was somthing else but in wasnt it was indijestion

Old 10-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks, if that is indigestion is sucks!!!!!!!!!! I have ibs but never have I ever had tummy issues like now. I really appreciate the advice.
My anxiety is through the roof!
carly

Old 10-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi worry i just saw your age on another post i am 27 too, just lol as thought besides the worrying it is something else we have in common. Heartburn is horrid i have had it years since i had gallstones at 18 and no i don't have high cholesterol and have never been overweight either. the breathlessness well i am out of puff when iget to the top of our stairs i expect this will get worse as our lungs get squished by our growing babies, how is everything else going well i hope?

Old 10-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wow, your 27 too! we do have lots in common! I am good, I am just hating this heartburn or whatever it is! feels like pressure in my ribs right in the middle and it hurts. With my anxiety My mind races and thinks heart problems or something else. like I said never really had heartburn or anything so I don't know what it feels like. Hope you are well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carly

Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #7
(female)

Erin619 HB User

Hi, I was wondering if you've ever had exercise induced asthma? I was told I did when I was a child but never really had any symptoms unless I was sick with bronchitis or flu. But now I am almost 18 weeks and I am experiencing breathlessness all the time. The Dr gave me an albuterol inhaler which really seems to help. I don't have wheezing or anything like that but just a feeling like my chest is tight and I can't get a good full breath. I was reading your post and it sounded like my symptons. I have an awful lot of heartburn though and now I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it. Well, good luck at your appointment and I hope they figure out something for you. (If they do let us know, lol.)

Old 10-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for your post! I actually have had asthma since the age of 7 but grew out of it! I usually get a flare up when I get a cough or bronchitis or a sinus infection. It might be asthma. I also am not wheezing, but feels as if I need to let out a cough to breath but I don't anything to cough up, and I can't take in a full breath. sounds like what your experiencing. I am seeing my ob on the 5th. As for the heartburn, I don't know Feels like my chest is tight inside behind my boobs and in the middle and I really feel it when I sneeze or something. Weird, I asked my g.p about it and he said it was my anxiety but i beg to differ, I have had anxiety for years and never felt it. who knows.
Thanks again!!!!!!
Carly
16 weeks pg

Old 10-24-2005, 01:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi worry
it could be due to anxiety but i also know that docs like to blame all aches on anxiety or stress related hope you can breath easy soon. My uterus feels heavy today and is starting to feel much harder to the touch. i am awaiting my triple test results which i am managing not to stress over. i get my 20 week scan on the 8th so am counting down yeh . hope you are feeling a bit better oh and i am pleased i started to feel little movements last week too.

Closed Thread