It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
24 weeks.....

Im 24 weeks and it seems like my anxiety has hit the roof, is it a shift in hormones or what? I hate feeling this way, I have battled anxiety but it seems really bad this week, I cant wait to get my body back! anyone else have anxiety b4 or after having anxiety?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User
Re: 24 weeks.....

I am 25 weeks and I feel the same same way. I have always been anxious person but lately it seems insane. I have even been having chest pain from it. I see my doctor next week so I am going to bring it up with him and see what he says. Fellign anxious all the time is not fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Valerie!! Remember me? Im sorry to hear about your anxiety... As we have discussed awhile back, i also suffer from that from time to time.. Feeling your baby move yet?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I am not sure what anxiety means exactly, but is there anything that makes you calm down or can soothe you? Is there a way for you to overcome it by reconizing it, or taking a walk or bath?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Anxiety is a disorder, with lots of emotions involved.....Unfortunately having a bath or a walk wont do it... been there and still doing that. Its awful, ive had episodes where i called an ambulance cause i thought i was having a heart attack....

It very real and really scary at times

Old 10-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Angela3 I totally remebr you! I was actually thinking about you the other day, I so wish we could share email addresses and stuff, anyhow, I find that the reality of having a third baby is really strting to scare me, I hate to say it but at times I feel as though, what did I get myself into, I know that is my anxiety talking, I have had two sections and for some reason Im really nervous about this one, then again I didnt have anxiety then. I see a counsellor and for some reason she has been taliking abouit meds which I dont wanna do, I have been in a worse position b4 with my anxiety and I survived with out meds, Angela do you take anything... I find that if there is a shift in hormones is when I fel it most, anyway ...gonna run to walart, will be back in a few

Old 10-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

k Im back, but like I was saying I amy look into anti anxiety meds to use periodically after the baby but for now I would rather tolerate the anxiety than expose the baby to anything, there is not enough research out there on these types of medications, and I find dr. use them as a band aid, Im not willing to do that...Also Ihave tried them in the past and its not what I need, I used to take xanex, actually I ant even say that I had a script for it, filled it (.25mg) I took half 1 time, lol so like I said Im not a real medicine type of gal....I find pregnancy has exacerbated it at times I just hope that Im ok after the baby, I have never had PPD and I dont want it....Hope all is well...WB

Valerie

Old 10-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #8
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Valerie, After my son was born (I was 22 then) I was on paxil.... After awhile it stopped... in the course of a few years they had me on everything, i became someone else, i felt drugged and out of it so i chose to stop meds altogether... to this day i wont. Im 33 now with 3 kids and i can manage it pretty darn well, i have bad days now and again but i wont go on meds again, of course thats my choice, some people really need it. Can you beleive Isabella is 5 months already? Listen having a third baby is great, sometimes it overwhelmes me but overall its not as scary as i thought it would be....

Old 10-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Wow, I cannot believe that she is 5 months already!!!! I cant believe that my baby will be here in about 15 weeks! are your two other kids in school? I feel the same way about meds, like I said I tried it but its not for me, I have no issues with people who need them being on it, cause tryits none of mu business. Dh is really supportive and is really good at seeing when it is time for him to jump in and take over! Did you have anxiety b4 you ever had kids? did you have PPD? with any of your kids? Was your anxiety worse right after the baby or did it seem to all fall back into place? I am trying to keep positive but thre are times that the anxiety gets in the way, I am going to continue to manage it without meds are you going to have anymore kids? or dd you say you had a tubal? I am done after this one, i think three is a good number!

Old 10-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

valerie,
As you no I have suffered very much with anxiety and panic disorder for years and I am only 27, now 15 weeks pregnant and I have major health anxiety! I worry about everything, it is consuming and hard to deal with sometimes.I cry a lot, I understand all the way!!! I am going to mention it to my doc and we will take from there. hold off on meds if I can but it is all about taking care of ourselves for our babies. You hang in there and I am here for you as I know how you feel.
Carly

Old 10-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #11
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Hey Val

I had PPD with my son who is now 11. It was a tramatic birth, he almost died from conplications (docs realized i was too small to birth baby). He tried forceps, vaccuum and then decided to reach in to pull Anthony out, didn't work and he stopped breathing (doc grabbed the cord).. After 26 hours of labour and 6 hard and the cord thing, they rushed me down for an emerg section, i was knocked out for the procedure, after i woke up thr PPD set in. It took years (5) to get over the PPD. But with Anna (who is 4 1/2) and Isabella, i had no PPD and everything was all great!!!

I did have anxiety before kids, it was worse then, its better now.. Yes i had my tubes tied, 3 is enough.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

WOW 5 yrs. holy crap Angela, that is a long time to have PPD...and you had nothing with the other kids? That s good cause I heard if you have it once there is a good chance you'll have it again, and again, so on and so forth, did they tell you it was because of the trauma of your sons birth? Which would you say was your toughest pregnancy? See with me dh and I were going through tough times whne I was preggo for the first two and marriage wise and all that this are fantastic this time around, in all aspects and have been for about 3 yrs now, anyhow I just hope that having anxiety doens make me have PPD this is my worry, crazy huh? I just hope I feel better after the baby comes, kike I said I have times where I feel as though why did I do this, but I remeber feeling this way with dd, anyway I appreciate your advice

Old 10-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #13
(female)

Angela3 HB User

Val.... Where are you from?

Its too bad we arent close by, we could be friends and have alot in common..

Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Sure no problem, where are you from?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
(female)

Angela3 HB User

im from calgary, alberta......... How old are your kids? Names?

Closed Thread