It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Exercise while pregnant

I am not sure as of yet if I am p but I just wanted to ask for some advice on exercise. I am very active, power walk 45 min everyday, lift weights and do yoga. I know that it is safe to do all of these things while pregnant but just how much do you have to slow down. I did buy a prenatal yoga book ,I am looking forward to using this. Anyone else do yoga?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
(female)

retrochick HB User
Re: Exercise while pregnant

I think i read somewhere about how while pregnant you shouldn't lift more then i think 20 or 30 pounds, and you shouldnt let your heart rate get to a certain point--as well as get too hot and overheated either.
I also loved to exercise before and now I just tone it down, instead of jogging I just do a normal walk on the treadmill--not even a brisk one and do that for an hour a day (a little over a mile a day) I myself would feel a little scared lifting weights, maybe as long as they were light...I'd ask your doc tho what they would feel comfortable allowing you to lift

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

I would highly suggest excercising when you are pregnant, just don't overdo it. Your body will tell you if you are doing too much. Just don't lift weights, and stick to light cardio. Yoga is a good thing too....just be sure to do the yoga ok'd for preggy people

I would also higly suggest water aerobics. I did them my second and third trimester. You get a good workout, plus you can't overheat.

A lot of studies show that working out during your pregnancy and walking as well will speed up your delivery time... I went into labor a week early (yay! I was so happy!) and my labor time was only six hours...thirty minutes of pushing!!!!! Next pregnancy I plan on doing the same thing. I am also going to do the water aerobics to get rid of my baby weight too.

Good luck!

Old 10-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I exercise and sometimes I let my heartrate go over 140, but I am not over-doing it. If you exercise now, most people say you can continue on. So if you are a marathon runner, you can continue on with it. I still lift weight and push weights with my legs, I still run or jog.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi cad
in my first 12 weeks i was so ill i could barely live let alone exercise lol. i now since 15 weeks do aqua aerobics and yoga once a week each and they are classes for pg women. i don't know about weight s etc but my view is don't do it to hard while pg you need to savour as much energy as possible and i am sure people can put strenous exercise till post delivery.

Closed Thread