It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Hard Abdomen? Tightening?

I have noticed for the past few days that, mainly at night, my stomach gets REALLY hard and tight. Very uncomfortable if anything, not painful. Is this braxton hicks? It normally lasts for about and hour?
I can't seem to figure out what it is?

Old 10-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: Hard Abdomen? Tightening?

that is exactly what it is! I dont think they last an hour, or do you mean they cme and go for an hour? If they become regular then you should go to the hospital or call your dr. but it is very normal to have these, it's like a test run for your uterus, but like I said if they become painful or pick up a definate pattern, call the dr. I started having them around 15 wks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

Well, I guess they come and go. I was a little weirded out because it was my ENTIRE stomach. Even up high? I thought that Braxton Hicks was just the lower area?

I need to pay attention to how long it lasts because I normally go and lay down and forget about it.

So, it IS braxton hicks...

Oh, and I am a little over 20 weeks as well!

Last edited by skeetersquirt; 10-23-2005 at 10:56 AM. Reason: added

Old 10-23-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I' just about 20 weeks and I've had some weird feelings that I wondered whether or not were BH. Right around where I feel the baby is feels like everything gets real tight and hard. It doesn't last for very long though.. That's why I wasn't sure. Also, sometimes I get some lower back pain with it.. Is this normal? I plan on mentioning it at my next dr's appt. but figured I'd just throw it out there since the topic was already up.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

So does yours happen down low? Mine happens all the way up my stomach and it feels tight even near my chest? My lower back does hurt a little when it happens, but it hurts right now anyways!

It tends to happen after I eat a big meal as well which lead me to believe that maybe I was eating too much!

Old 10-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I was just about to post a thread about this myself! I was just researching info about braxton hicks wondering if that was what I have experienced. I have determine it is. It is a tightening feeling where my uterus is and it gets really hard. It doesn't last for long and doesn't hurt (yet). This started at 16wks for me...I am now 17wks.

One of my pg books mentions this can start occuring around now. I just read online that they usually last for 30seconds to 2minutes and are sometimes painful but sometimes not. So very interesting to know that my uterus is already contracting! I hope that isn't a bad sign! Its only happened a couple of times so far though.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I am 16 weeks and noticed that this has happened to me also where my WHOLE stomach gets tight and hard, even up high. I too thought it was just because sometimes i would eat too much at one time. Maybe it BH, which is kind of a scary thought!! It's only happened a couple times and I pretty much ignored it but next time I'll be paying more attention. Hopefully there wont be a next time!!LOL

Closed Thread