It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

retrochick HB User
Red face Not A Mad Dash Anymore...

I have a somewhat strange concern...I'm 8 weeks along and lately I haven't had to run to the restroom as often as I did the first couple weeks of pregnancy (around 5 and 6 weeks along I was going every half hour) I'm drinking the same amount of water. I haven't had any sugar or caffiene since before I was pregnant. I'm sort of worried because that is a major symptom of pregnancy right? Whats wrong with my bladder? I have been going to the bathroom around 7am in the morning and not have to go again until 3 or 4pm!!! Doesn't that sound weird?? I just dont have the urge to go as often.
It worries me.
Should I be?
I still have sore boobs and little cramps and I'm tired and nauseous all the time. What do you think?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Re: Not A Mad Dash Anymore...

Sugar and Caffine should not be effecting how often you are going to the bathroom unless you are diabetic. Have you mentioned this to your doctor? Sodium can make you retain water to some degree but not going at all for 12 hours is very unusual. Does it hurt to go at all? I would ask your doctor just to be sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

retrochick HB User

No nothing hurts. It's really weird. I feel stupid for asking my doc because it seems like things I've called about recently have all been stupid and they make me feel like I'm wasting their time I have an appt with the history nurse tomorrow maybe I can ask her about it?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

Nutty Bunny HB User

I went through the same thing around 10 weeks and it made me nervous, too. It will pick up again in a few weeks to a month. Keep in mind that we're all different, too. You might not have to pee a lot again for longer than that.

Even your pains and twinges will be different at different times. I went through that a couple of weeks ago, where I was having a different type of pain than usual and it turned out to be normal.

#1 due 4/3/06
17w 1d

Old 10-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Retro, you are not wasting their time. Trust me! I call my doctor about EVERYTHING and I always apologize up and down! But he always tells me that he's happy to help. I can tell he means it too. If you don't feel like bugging your doc, then I would wait until tomorrow. The OB nurses are very knowledgable (at least mine is) and she can give you tons of information and insight.

I stopped going potty as frequently around 10 weeks or so and it picked back up about 25 weeks. It may have something to do with the amount of water I was drinking at the time, I don't know.

Closed Thread