It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

Nylarual HB User
Question Anyone else hate the first trimester?

I swear, I feel like I have been pregnant for a million years already (I'll be 7 wks on fri.) I hate the constant worry about miscarriage and the realization that I still have to wait until the END OF JANUARY just to find out if its a boy or girl. Pregnancy gets more fun in the second trimester when you are showing and the nausea and tiredness are gone. Anyone else looking forward to getting out of the first 13 1/3 wks?

Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
(female)

Angela3 HB User
Re: Anyone else hate the first trimester?

I have 3 kids, 11, 4 1/2, and 5 months and the first tri was awful...
With Anthony (11) i was "morning sickness" for 6 months and the last two (Anna & Isabella) thank god only lasted 3 weeks. Unfortunately its just something we have to endure.... And i might add that i bled red, brown, and black blood and passed clots and had major cramping but i still had 3 very healthy babies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 AM   #3

Lilolill HB User

I agree! I am now 11 weeks pregnant and am over the morning sickness, still feel a bit tired but apart from that dont feel pregnant anymore, so that in itself is a worry! I have my ultrasound on monday which will double up as a nuchal folds scan, so looking forward to seeing the baby to make it all real again. But I hate the fact that in the first 3 months you are basically just left to get on with it and do nothing but worry about m/c. i cant wait until next week!

Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
(female)

Nylarual HB User

I've heard that after 7 wks, the heart starts to beat and the risk of miscarriage, while still present, is greatly reduced. That makes me feel better. I really want this baby! I've already gotten so attached to him/her (feeling like its a boy)

Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
(female)

marie81 HB User

I am 11wks1d. I still have horrible morning sickness. I can't wait for that to go away. I had an u/s today and dr said everything looked perfect. The baby was so cute. It had it's head resting on it's hand. My ob told me that once you see the heart beat, the success rate of the pregnancy was around 95%. I'm still nervous though.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User

Personally, I think I'll have to wait until after my amnio to feel good and more relaxed about it all. I should feel very blessed that the only symptom I have is being a little tired (6 w 1 d), but after going through 1 m/c, and doing this IVF........I would just love some symptoms that say "hey! I'm pregnant!"

Old 10-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #7
(female)

lrguyer HB User

Um...Yeah. I HATED being PG during the first trimester! I swore to my husband that I would NEVER be doing this again and that we will be adopting when we want more!! It was just a terrible feeling all of the time being sick and then not even knowing if the baby will make it through or not!! How terrible. But now the good news! I am in my 15th week and I feel great! I am not sick, I am okay with the health of the baby. So now I am even considering doing this all again! You'll make it~!!!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I don't hate the first trimester, I am just anxious to feel pregnant, to find out the sex, to make our move to our new home so I can buy stuff and decorate the room, and finally to look more pregnant.
I am 16 weeks, and I have to wait 3 more weeks to find out the sex of the baby. I don't feel pregant, no stretching, aches, pains, or belly. My husband and I can really tell that I am pregnant but no one else can yet. I am eager to get on with it. April seems so far away, I sometimes *forget* I am pregnant.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #9
(female)

Angela876 HB User

The first trimester was miserable for me.I was sick all the time,I bled,(my baby is perfectly healthy) I lived in constant fear of a miscarriage everyday.It gets alot better I promise.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
(female)

rocketgirl96 HB User

I am going through the same thing. I am hating this first trimester. The last time I was pregnant - I loved it. It was the happiest time of my life. Then I had a miscarriage! Now I'm pregnant again and everyday I am in constant worry. I feel like my "innocence" regarding the first trimester has been taken away. It doesn't help that I've been cramping, bleeding, and spotting off and on. I am now 6w1d and I'll have an u/s on Thursday. All the bloodwork has come back okay - my HCG has been doubling (as of last Thursday) and my progesterone, while low, is much better than last time (16.9). I'm on progesterone supplements and will get a blood test on Thursday to see if they are working. I just wish I could fast forward through the next 6 weeks, but I know I can't. I can only take it a day at a time, but the time is going by soooo slowly. So, you're definitely not alone in hating the first trimester. One day at a time....One day at a time.....Blech.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylarual
I've heard that after 7 wks, the heart starts to beat and the risk of miscarriage, while still present, is greatly reduced. That makes me feel better. I really want this baby! I've already gotten so attached to him/her (feeling like its a boy)
The heart beat stars after 72 hours, it is detectable by ultrasound at 7 weeks

Old 11-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

LOL, it doesnt get much better. there are ppl out there that LOVE being pregnant, i dont see how.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #13
Veteran

rach12 HB User

I soo agree with you guys. I had a M/C in January. I am now 5 weeks with this pregnancy and I am trying to be positive and strong but it is hard. I have a doc appointment on Friday so I do not know how that will go. It is not with my obgyn cause they will not examine you until 12 weeks. She is a obgyn but she works in family practice. I have a few sypmotms but nothing like last time. That makes me worry but then I think last time I had every symptom in the book and I had a M/C so maybe this time less will be better. hahaha. I know we will all have a great 9 months and healthy babies! Rach

Old 11-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #14
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

I HATED the first trimester. But it does get better and that 2nd trimester that is mostly talked about as blissful is for the most part. The time seems to drag on when you aren't showing yet and feeling sick all the time. Just wait until you get farther along. I only have 5 weeks left until my son is due and am starting to freak out thinking where the heck did the time go. Good luck with your pregnancy. Also the m/s may come back the thrid trimester, it has for me a little bit. But not nearly as bad the first. I wish someone would have told me that awhile ago.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #15
(female)

Nylarual HB User

Well, I posted this thread a million years ago, and I am still stuck in the 1st trmstr. I still have another month left! Will it never end? I hate looking fat instead of pregnant. I want a little belly so that I can move into maternity clothes and quit trying to suck in my gut. I still haven't gained any weight, which is good, but I look fatter, somehow. My waistline is gone.

Closed Thread