It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 06:38 AM   #1

suziq23 HB User
What????

I had to go to the er yesterday to get fluids and they decided to do an ultrasound...It's TWINS...TWINS!!!... what am I going to do..I have a 14 month son and I was defitinetly not expecting twins...I need lots of advice..

susan
#2 edd May 17, 2006

Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: What????

Oh Congrats!! I was hoping for twins, I'm so glad that you have been blessed with two sweet babies!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

congrats thats awesome!!! I would love twins but I can understand how stressfull it could be. But in the end just like one you tend to figure things out in a hurry.
Meg

Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Ohhhhhh congrats!!! How exciting! I think deep in her heart, every momma wishes for twins, if for a second! I know it's overwhelming to think about, but you'll be surprised how quick you will adapt!

Right now you need to focus on keepng healthy and happy. I know pittbulllover had twins, but I haven't seen her on in forever...and I can understand why!

Are there support groups in your area that would be able to help out? Call your local hospital and find out.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You'll soon learn to accept and love the fact that you are carrying two precious babies inside you I agree with lex, it would be very helpful to find a support group in your area. I know there is an April mommy who is expecting twins also, think her name is Connie.
Good luck and dont hesitate to ask questions!!!! Take care!!

Old 10-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
(male)

dad_2b HB User

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
When I told my wife I wanted twins, she looked at me like I was crazy.
I think it would make for some trying times, but would be worth soooooo worth it. I understand your concerns already having a 14 month old. Let me just say, I have a friend that has 7 kids (15yr,11yr,8yr,5yr,4yr,3yr,6 mo.), her husband stays home to take care of them, I know they get stressed sometimes, but they wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

Last edited by dad_2b; 10-25-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #7
(female)

sevans929 HB User

Congratulations!! I am also expected twins, identical girls to be exact. I know I was in shock for a while when we found out, but after that, we became so excited to know that we are going to be having 2 beautiful little babies at the same time. Just think, as a twin you are born along with your best friend for life. How amazing is that??

For now, just make sure to get lots of rest and eat healthy for you and your babies. Obviously, there are more chances of complications with multiples, so make sure that you keep the lines of communication open with your doctor and ask any questions you have, no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time.

Again, congratulations, and good luck! I'm sure I'll see you around.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:41 AM   #8

suziq23 HB User

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement...I am still in total shock, twins...I am also worried about my 14 month old son, how he is going to adjust to bringing 2 babies home...I know I will eventually be o.k. with this(what choice do I have) but for now I just can't believe I have 2 babies growing inside of me...
sevans929 please keep me updated on what to expect...I am only 8 weeks and extremely sick...

Susan
#2 edd May 17, 2006

Old 10-26-2005, 08:22 AM   #9

pgta5 HB User

We found out we were expecting twins last week too! I am in the same boat as you. I can not say that the shock has worn off yet! I am almost 13 weeks and still have severe morning sickness. I was put on phenergran as I couldn't keep anything down. I threw up water the other day! WATER! They say though that m/s sickness is a good sign and that it means the babies are strong and healthy. I also find that I am extremely tired. I've been going to bed at 8pm every night whereas I used to be able to stay up until 10-11! I am also growing much more rapidly than w/ my first pregnancy. I think this is the scariest part for me. Not gaining weight but just expanding in the belly department and feeling much heavier there.

I have a 6 year old, so not quite as demanding as a 14month old. I understand your concern. I think that children adapt very easily and your little one will be fine! I'm trying to give my son as much attention as I can before the babies come and keep him as involved as I possibly can. They say it is a good idea not to spring any major changes on older ones if possible.

I have been doing a lot of research online...I am still working full time and have been okay. I have to sit more and eat more and sleep more to maintain. I'm a bit worried about going on bedrest early and how this might affect things but my doctor is really positive and said that as long as I am healthy and the babies are growing it should be pretty uneventful. I will be having a c-section as I had one w/ DS. DR is shooting for 38 weeks but says I could be ready to go anywhere after 36 weeks.

Anyhow, Keep in touch..it will be interesting to see how things go. I agree that we need a support group that is local...
Take care.
~P

Closed Thread