It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User
February Moms (Part3!!)

Hey Girls! I hope you all found this one!

We made out well on the hurricane! Friday I hope you did the same! It was mainly a lot of rain, but very very windy also. Tornato's were spotted everywhere within like 5 - 10 miles from us which had me concerned... but everything turned out fine.

I am so scared girls!!! I told you about my kidney disease that I had which made me nervous but they said I would have no problems. But I went to the Doc yesterday and she made it sound as If I already knew but she said my baby's kidneys were dialated which I guess means they are too big. She has to do a RUSH ultrasound (which is the next avl ultrasound) and it is going to be thursday. She said that there was nothing they could do about it right now but when she is born it will have to be routinely checked unless it fixes itself before she is born. It just makes me sick that she may have a kidney problem. I don't know what to do. I feel like I have done something wrong. I drink caffine sometimes and I am htinking LORD is it because of that?? I am just so beside myself. Before I had been feeling her move constantly and I haven't felt her much at all which is scaring me too. It might just be in my head. But I don't know what to expect. I don't know if this is serious or what. She justkind of blew it under the rug like it was no big deal... she didnt' even mention it until we were walking out of the doc room into the office. It kind of ****** me off that they didn't call me to have an ultrasound sooner. I just hope she doesn't have the same problems as I do! I will let you know Thursday what they say... but hell the rate it is going we'll see if they even CALL! Sorry I'm just blowing off steam.

I hope everyone is doing well! Hope the houses are going ok for Robyn and Friday. By the way I my belly button isn't poking out yet... is everyone elses?

Last edited by candice12; 10-25-2005 at 09:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: February Moms (Part3!!)

Candice-doesn't that make you so frustrated when the doctors act like it's no big deal? I would be upset too but I'm sure if it were a real cause for concern they would take more drastic measure, they probably just don't want you to worry too much. It's hard not to though! I hope your little one will be alright...that kinda makes me wonder about the caffeine though. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I drink about a serving of caffeine a day. It probably could be a genetic thing passed on from you.

Well I can't believe we're on our third thread! We've come a long way so far it seems! My cold is letting up a little, although my nose is still driving me crazy and I had to give a 10 min. speech earlier today and I was starting to lose my voice. Ahhh...gotta love all those little bugs that are going around! and thanks Friday for the Tylenol Flu info, it made me feel a bit better. I figured it was fine but then I started worrying because the baby wasn't kicking all day after I took it and I wondered if it killed her. I told my sister and she laughed at me and said a couple of pills wouldn't do that. I hate when our babies do that to us. If they moved 24/7 we'd never have these thoughts. I think they just like to play games with us and prepare us for the worrying we will do for the rest of their lives, LOL. Anyways, I'm going to go. Have a good day everyone

Brooke
EDD 2/17
Girl, Kaylee?

Old 10-25-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Yeah Brooke I don't know... I don't even drink that much caffeine, but I am just thinking of every possible reason. I read about it and it says that it is when urine is backed up into your kidneys. I dunno. The info said that it would probably be perfectly normal and it will probably fix itself before she is born, or a year after. If not then they would have to fix the problem for her. I just hate to know that ANYTHING is wrong at all!
Sorry you're sick by the way! That would be so scarry if I took something like that too and she didn't move much the next day. I have also heard tylenol pm is fine No worries!

Hope everyone out there is doing well!

Old 10-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
(female)

feb06baby HB User

Hey Girls,

Wow....Thread number three! Candice, I really hope your baby is ok. I would'nt worry though, it only makes things worse. I'm glad that the hurricane was not too bad for you. I hope Friday os ok too!

Well I went to see my primary care dr today for my ear popping issue(finally)
She said that is is b/c when we are pg our whole body swells and my estachian (sp?) tubes in my ears are swollen, and I have fluid in my ears also. She was going to give me a prescription, but It can't be taken while pg, so she said to try benedryl. We'll see how that works. I also had to see her b/c 2 weeks ago I found a lump between my arm pit and my breast. She said Its probably a swollen lymph node, but since I don't have an infection she was not sure why its swollen. I had to make another appt. to have an u/s done on it in the outpatient center. I don't think its anything to worry about, but I'm glad that she did just blow it off as nothing. I was concerned.

Kailey has been so active today. I love it!! I too can get her to kick if i drink something cold, and if I eat sweets! I'm really getting excited about the baby coming. I have been reading what to expect the 1st year(bought it at a garage sell for a $1!) and have learned so much. I'm already to the 5th month, so I need to stop. But when she's here, I'm sure I'll go back and read it again. I've learned a lot, but it has also stressed me out a little. Reading about things makes it so real that I'm going to have a child, and my whole life will no longer be about me, but my baby, and how much freedom I'm giving up, and how hard it can be to raise a child. But I'm ready for it, I just hope I'm a great mom. Sorry to blab on and on. I get in my excited modes and then sometimes my mind gets on a reality/depressed mode.

I hope everyone is doing well!! talk soon!

Elisha
edd 02/08
Girl- Kailey Haven

Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

candice--i'm so sorry abut the kidneys! i'm sure it's nothing you have done. if you have a problem, the baby may have just got it too...but i'm sure it'll clear up before the birth! keep your fingers crossed! i know it's awful when something, anything is wrong (I have placenta previa), but hopefully it will be fine! my baby has been moving less too. i think they are starting to get too big for their space. it worries me so i'm going to buy a stethoscope, hopefully today.

brooke--i hate it when the baby is sleeping. i get so paranoid, i start poking my belly to wake her up, and until i feel movement i worry. i wish she never slept!

drinking cold things doesn't affect my baby at all. i'm not sure what does. no food seems to have an effect, and the baby has no set sleeping pattern yet. oh well.

tamara
2/21

Old 10-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Feb06-I have been wondering about the ear-popping thing you have mentioned. Mine isn't sever or anything but at random times during the day (about twice a week) my ears will feel plugged up and it's so annoying and it hurts like heck! I feel like I've been on a cross-country flight! lol.

rvh802-I'm sorry to hear work is dragging on! ugh. I understand about being unorganized and not knowing where to start...story of my life! I just started a seasonal job at JcPenney and I'm tellin' ya, it's a pretty easy job, but having to dress up everyday is driving me crazy because none of my "nicer" clothes fit me anymore and I don't want to blow a bunch of money on clothes I'll wear for a couple months, so I'm making do with unzipping my pants and wearing long undershirts with a nice one over it. It looks professional and nobody can tell a thing so I don't say anything! hehe. I'm just worried my butt is going to blow up next and I won't even be able to get my pants over my thighs...then I'll have to buy new ones!

Candice-How have you been feeling the past couple of days? I was worried about you and your little babe, hopefully everything is okay

oh and I'm feeling much better...I'm no longer stashing wads of tp in my purse for thoses unexpected nose blows during class(so embarrassing!!) so I'm happy about that! and I'll also have to try that cold water trick to see if it gets my baby moving. I too wish she never slept and then I wouldn't ever worry about her! then when she's born I'll be wishing the opposite, lol. I'll be begging for her to sleep for a long time! hehe. Well have a good day everyone!

Brooke
EDD 2/17
Girl, Kaylee?

Old 10-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
(female)

JustGinger HB User

Hello all! Can you believe that we all are over half way there? It has went by so quickly!

Candice, Glad you came through the hurricane okay. How are you doing? Was your u/s today and if so, how did it go? I'm hoping it was okay and that everything is fine. Don't worry about a little caffeine here and there. My doctor said that you can have up to three cups of coffee a day, without it affecting the baby. Anyway, let us know how you are!

Elisha, I'm sure that you will be a great mom. I think that it's normal for us to be a little scared and wonder if we'll be good parents. I just keep trying to tell myself that everything will be fine and that once she is here, instinct will help out.

Brooke, Sorry to hear you still have a cold. I have one too, and it is miserable. I'm not taking anything for it yet, but if it lasts much longer, I'll have to break out the tylenol sinus. I can totally relate to being stressed when I don't feel the baby move enough. I had been feeling Alexis regularly every night at 2 am and 5:30 for a couple of weeks, then a few nights ago....nothing. I don't I felt her until 2 or 3 the next afternoon and boy was I worried. I'm a worrier by nature anyway, so every little "abnormal" even has freaked me out. I'll be glad when she gets here, so atleast I can see what I'm worrying about!

tamara, I laughed out loud when I read that you poke your stomach to try to get your little one to wake up and move! I was lying on the couch doing the same thing tonight and my mom told me that she was gonna come out with a little dimples from all of the poking! I can't help it... I love to feel her move!

Robin, Don't you just hate working?? I spend more time sitting at my desk, shopping for baby stuff. I just can't seem to focus on anything but baby, baby, and more baby. Especially when she starts kicking! I automatically stop whatever I'm doing and click on internet explorer! BTW, how are things with the house going?

Question for all. If you work now, are you planning on continuing to work after the baby comes? If so, how long are you planning on taking off? I think I've finally decided to quit and become a full time mom and student. It's really scary because I haven't been unemployed since high school and the prospect of not having a job is so unreal, but I really want to be there for Alexis. Thankfully, my dh has agreed to it, but the closer it gets, the more freaked out I get. I hate my job anyway and would rather focus on school, but, it's still terrifying. Plus, we are considering buying our first house and that adds one more stress. I'm hoping to start my own in home child care to make up for the loss of income, so we'll see what happens. Sorry to ramble. I guess I just have a lot on my mind. Anyway, I need to get some sleep. Hope everyone is doing great!

Love,
Ginger

Old 10-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

rvh802-congrats on your loan! How exciting that must be. Hopefully you will have time to move and adjust before Taylor comes!
and I'm also not going to buy anymore baby stuff until the shower-just in case. I'm having mine on the 19th of November...so very soon! I can't wait!
Ginger-I'm sorry you have a cold too...ugh. I'm pretty much over it now, but I gave in twice and took Tylenol Flu because I kinda had flu-like symptoms as well. I only had 4 total so I'm sure everything is fine. And to answer your question, I quit my job last month and decided to go to school full-time this quarter and probably when the baby comes I'll take the next quarter off and then do some classes online at home with the baby. I may have to go back to work part time, but we'll see. I'm a dental assistant so at least part-time flexible schedules are out there everywhere!

Man I have been feeling so guilty lately about what I've been eating! Does anyone else feel this way? Right now I've been out of control with chocolate covered cherries! and those hershey kisses with the cherry cordial filling are delicious! I feel like such a pig. I went to WalMart the other day ago and the guy had to get the ladder out and get the chocolate covered cherries from the top shelf down for me because they hadn't evben put them out below yet but I spotted them right away! lol. I bought 4 boxes...what is wrong with me?? lol. So far I have only gained about 8 pounds but I feel huge and if I keep eating like this I will never be the same weight after the baby! Please tell me I'm not the only one out of control! I have a slight feeling Kaylee is going to be a chocolate lover

Well I hope everyone is doing well today. Talk to ya later!

Brooke
EDD 2/17
Girl, Kaylee?

Old 10-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Hey girls... Well I had a sonogram done yesterday. The Ultrasound lady told me that her kidney was still dialated and I guess it means when urine is backed up into there kidney's. I hope it isn't painfull or anything. She said they will have to keep a good eye on it from now until she is born. Heck I might have to have a sonogram every time I go. Great to see her but not for the reasoning. She looked to make sure it was a girl for sure... and it is! I knew but I just wanted reassurance. lol! She said that these things normally work themselves out. If not they may just have to "fix" it themselves after she is born. I just couldn't imagine them having to operate on her. And she also said it had nothing to do with my kidney disease, this just happens in about 1 and 200 babies. Lovely huh???

Its good to know everyone is doing well. The day after I found out about her kidney's I didn't feel her move much. It really freaked me out. But lately she has been rolling everywhere... so I feel better. Hope Friday is ok. There was a lot of power loss down there where she is so I am sure that is why she hasnt came back on. Hopefully all is well with her!

Congrats about the house Robyn. It's nice to know that is finally over and done! No more worrying about financing going through or not!

My hubby is still smoking. I give up ladies! I am tired of being miserable about it. I am letting it ruin my life everyday. It's not good for me or Cailyn so I just GIVE UP! We are going through a stage where we aren't really talking to each other much. He never tells me how he feels. he just comes home and we watch a movie and go to bed. It's very stressful. I feel like walls are being built between us. I just rented a doppler for the rest of my pregnancy and I have had it for 3 or 4 days and he hasn't even cared to hear her heartbeat. I am going through a lot of emotional crap. I dont feel like he cares for me or the baby like he should. I always thought that when I was having someone's baby that guy would treat me so good and focus on me and how I am doing and how baby is doing, but he never asks! Is anyone else having thta problem? I thought when I got pregnant they would be different. He is different alright but not the different I expected. I dunno!

I haven't felt hiccups yet! I'm jealous!! LOL! I am at work so I better go! Sorry I'm screamin about life issues! I'm hoping things will turn out better for me in the end! We will see!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #10
(female)

tamaraheiner HB User

candice
so sorry for you husband's coldness to you! i know that is so hard.
i think you are right though, for the sake of your marriage i would drop the smoking issue for now. it's a huge annoyance and so very rude, but it's better to let go of this and focus on the big thing, your marriage.

good luck!

Old 10-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Hi Everyone!!

I am good! It's just been crazy! The Eye of the storm passed over us! We got the worst of the damage!!! I am in Orlando right now - we got here last night - I couldn't take another night without power. My dogs are crazy and whining all the time because they are out of their element and its stressing us both out terribly. OH well.... we are headed back tomorrow and should have power!

Sorry I haven't been able to read up on the posts - hope everyone is well and I will try to catch up later on. My hubby needs his computer for work... and I didn't bring mine.

Our home didn't have much damage - our boat did... Our neighbors had a lot of damage - we were SO SO SO very lucky!!!
We have cement power poles (thick ones) snapped right in half or at the base! It's crazy the damage down here - and the gas lines - ugh. I have plenty of gas thank goodness! and will fill up in orlando tomorrow before heading back.

XXOO to all -

Friday
EDD 2/24
Girl.. Ava

Old 10-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

hey ya'll figured I would jump in and give an update, anyhow not too much is going on other than my furncae gave out and it is like 37 degrees here in MI but we are getting a new one on Monday Thank god!!! I find that I am cravong chocolate like crazy pudding especially !!!! cant eat too much cause of the GD anyhowm that too is pretty much under control so I cant complain, I have to say though I find that lately I a, totally repulsed by my pets, cat and dog they annoy me and I feel like getting rid of them, weird huh? anyway thats all TTYL

Valerie

Old 10-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Hey Valerie! Sorry about your furnace! And glad the GD is under control !

I feel your pain a little with the furnace situation. I was the opposite no Air Conditioning - without power from the hurricane for 5 nights. Ugh. It was terrible down here in South Florida but I am one of the few that has power now. I feel so terrible for the other people without power still. They could be out till Nov. 15 or 22nd.

I know what you mean about your pets. I have two 100lb. Labs that get horribly freaked when you change their "living situation".... So I had to hear them whine and cry and freak out on the trip up to Orlando 2.5 hours and BACK --- and at the hotel we stayed at for two nights!!!! They barked at noises and whined and cried - it was so stressful I wanted to give them away to a good home!

I think I remember a few pages ago (earlier Feb thread) that some of the girls were having RIB pain??? well I have it now. If I sit for a period of time my right lower ribs KILL me.... ugh. it's terribly uncomfortable. I think its just the ribs spreading like our hips spread.....

Have a good night all !

Friday

Last edited by friday13; 10-29-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:00 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Oh and both sides of my ribs hurt... but the right side is worse. Can you feel your bottom part of your ribs and see if the bottom rib feels like it sticks out a little more than the other ribs??? Mine do - on both sides... its kinda odd and gross feeling!

Also, do any of you have swollen feet or ankles yet - ?? I haven't had that yet... but the back pain is terrible... getting out of bed and walking is tough. I am walking slower all ready because of the shooting pain down my left and right buttocks!!!

XXOO
Friday
EDD 2/24
Girl... Ava

Old 10-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Friday- sorry to hear about the hurricane damage. I used to live in Fort Myers so I understand how you feel!

Candice- That's good that they're monitoring the baby closely At least you will get to see her evrytime and that should make things less stressful even though the reason isn't very pleasant. I also understand what you are going through with your hubby. I always thought the man I was having a baby with would be more interested and treat me like a queen. What a dream world I was living in!! we get along for the most part but there isn't very good communication at all and it makes me wonder if things will get better after the baby comes. I hope you and your hubby will be able to work things out. He's probably just nervouse since it's your first child and men tend to shut down their emotions (I think just to drive us girls crazy!! lol) and they handle nervousness and anticipation differently...I dunno, just a thought. Maybe when your daughter is born he will think differently when things become more realistic. That's what I'm hoping my boyfriend does because it's the most frustrating thing in the world to deal with!!

Valerie- sorry about the furnace, I would be freaking out right now! Good thing for sweats and fluffy socks, huh? lol.

Lately I have been feeling like I get full really fast...kinda like when I was about 7-9 weeks along. I made some scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and a piece of toast with peanut butter an couldn't even eat more than two bites of the eggs and didn't finish everything else. And the sad part is that the portions weren't even that big! I feel like I may not be getting enough nutrition because of this and it worries me a little. I thought by now I would have a hearty appetite, but it only seems like I have a hearty appetite for chocolate and chip and other junk and when I sit down to eat a healthy meal I can barely eat half of it. Hopefully I can straighten myself out, I think I am going to talk to the doctor about it when I go on the 1st. Well talk to ya later everyone! Have a nice day

Closed Thread