It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #1

theb1971 HB User
bowling

Does anyone know if its safe to bowl while pregnant? My husband and I are thinking of joining a fall league and I hate to miss out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: bowling

How far along are you? I am not sure, but depending on how far along you are, do you think it will be comfortable. The ball isn't being thrown at you and it isn't normal to fall while bowling, I don't see the issue with it. I guess to make sure you stretch so you don't pull a muscle.

I play catch and frisbee with my husband and I lift weights and jog still. Unfortunatly I cannot ski this winter............we even built our new home 3 lots down from the ski lodge in Iowa and I will be so close and not able to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 PM   #3

theb1971 HB User

right now I am 14 weeks. I kinda thought the same...I guess as long as im careful. I gotta to do something though. I miss not being able to do alot of my activities that I normally do. I feel for ya not being able to ski. I live in Florida so dont have access all the time but usually go once a year and was just telling my hubby I am soooo ready to go skiing again but im afraid it will be awhile before I see a nice white powdery slope. I couldnt imagine being tortured and having to watch all the skiers and know you cant

Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

When we become larger during our pregnancies we tend to get more clumsy and our center of gravity is off a bit.... Until then you should be fine!

Old 10-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

The only thing I would be concerned about is that many bowling alleys are very smoke filled. So that could be a lot of second hand smoke to be inhaling. So that is something you may want to think about. Now if only bowling alleys were smoke-free...that'd be nice!

Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
(female)

waiting4baby05 HB User

On the smoking thing it depends on where you live. Here in California there is no smoking even within 20 feet of any public building. I would go for the bowling if you think you can keep your balance and not hurt anything. It seems a lot safer then most sports since the ball is being thrown away from you. But remember once you pull something...a muscle, ligament, tendion then it will hurt the rest of your pregnancy.

Closed Thread