It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Problems with Pregnant Tests!?!

How likely is it to get a false negitive (negitive results on pregnancy tests) and it not be accurate??? I just took 2 pregnancy tests and both said negitive. I'm 5 days late and there is a chance that I could be pregnant. What should I do??? I have had two pregnancies before and had no problems taking a test. I used EPT. Should I wait another week to retake??? Need advice!

Old 10-25-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: Problems with Pregnant Tests!?!

It is very common to have a false negative HPT. I would either wait another few days to a week or call the doc for a blood test. My sister took several (6 or so) pregnancy tests before she had a positive one. She was four months pregnant before she finally got a positive test. Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie-2-B
It is very common to have a false negative HPT. I would either wait another few days to a week or call the doc for a blood test. My sister took several (6 or so) pregnancy tests before she had a positive one. She was four months pregnant before she finally got a positive test. Good Luck!!

Thank you! I'm so nervous about the possibility of being pregnant, being that this could be #3! I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Last edited by AngelOfLight82; 10-25-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User

Please do!!! I really hope this works out for you

Old 10-25-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I had 4 false negatives.. By the time I got a positive I was already pretty pregnant...
Keep us updated!
Amy

Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #6
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

What pregnancy tests should I use??? I have always used EPT and never had any problems. I'm curious if I should buy a few more tests and try again. I may be over reacting! I really don't want anymore babies, but if it is in my will, than I am blessed! I did however check out the Chinese Gender Charts. I have used this with my last pregnancy and everyone I know who is pregnant...It has never failded! It says if I am pregnant I will have a BOY! I have a boy who is 6 years from a previous relationship. I also have a 2 year old daughter with my husband. I know that deep down inside he wants another. He made a comment about wanting a BOY (when we had our last scare, I was 2 1/2 weeks late). If I am pregnant and we do have a BOY, my husband will be happy and so wil I. It's eating me up inside just waiting. I see the GYNO on Monday the 31st. I told my husband if I'm not pregnant I'll get my tubes cut/tied, but I want him to be 100% sure that he won't regret getting it done. We have to be absolutely sure we don't want anymore children. I want to wait to take another pregnancy test untill the 31st, but I don't think I can wait till then. Any advice???

What test should I try next???

Last edited by AngelOfLight82; 10-25-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #7
(female)

all9lives HB User

I have a question, if you were getting false negatives, were you still having AF? I was just curious of that.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:27 AM   #8
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by all9lives
I have a question, if you were getting false negatives, were you still having AF? I was just curious of that.

Need help...Whats AF??? Thanks!

Old 10-26-2005, 06:18 PM   #9
(female)

all9lives HB User

Our unwanted reminder that we are women

Old 10-27-2005, 05:09 AM   #10
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

Have not had my period yet. Even though I haven't had my period, I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not pregnant. I took my 3rd test yesterday. I took a Clear Blue Easy Digital Test. Again, NEGATIVE!!! Still no period!!! It's been 7 days now (being late). I guess I'm just having an off month. Maybe stress has something to do with it. I don't know. I have however been having the urge to pee within 10 minutes of drinking something. Which is really weird, I never had this problem before. I'll know for sure on the 31st when I see my doc. I'll keep everyone posted!

Old 10-27-2005, 06:06 PM   #11
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User

Still NO period! I'm sure I'm just running late due to stress. I have two children. A 6 year old Boy & a 2 year old Daughter. My husband and I have talked about having one more, but never made any plans. It isn't something that we really want as of right now. Since this scare, I have shared my thoughts with my husband about being pregnant and having another baby. The other night I was all stressed and crying. One reason being that I may be pregnant. I was laying down on our bed and our 2 year old daughter was laying next to me trying to go to sleep. He asked me what is wrong. I told him one of the reasons I'm worked up is that we could be pregnant. He was trying to be reassuring and made a comment. He looked at me and asked if we were going to have our 3rd and then kissed my stomach. I was like OMG...he really does want another one! I guess it takes times like these that the truth comes out.

So, I have made a plan. If I am indeed not pregnant, then we will not think very much about having another baby. We will go about our lives as we have and I will loose the weight (about 35-40lbs.) I'm still trying to loose from our pregnancy with our daughter. I have made plans to get my breast done and maybe a tummy tuck (since I have had 2 c-sects and I have a small flap) this summer (in June). I think I owe it to myself to do something for ME, since I always put everyone and everything before me. Having my breast done is something I have wanted for a very long time. In August we will re-evaluate if having another baby something we want. If it is, we will try to conceive. That's my plan!

What do you think???

Closed Thread