It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
(male)

YoungLife HB User
our first baby, need info please

Hi,
we found out that we were having a baby few weeks ago, so we did the home test and then called the Dr. and told us to come in for a urine test, urine test came in positive also. So they set up an orientation towards the end of the month for 1st time parents , wich is today. They called us and said its cancelled. My wife is i belive 8 weeks pregnaunt and still hasnt seen a Dr. yet. They told us after an orientation they will set up another appt to see a Dr. wich my wife would be around 12 weeks pregnaunt that time. Is this normal to be seen for the first time after 12 weeks? We are worried becuase no Dr. seen her yet.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: our first baby, need info please

It seems that many doctors or midwifes are not concerned with seeing a newly pregant women right away. Some say because there is a higher risk of miscarriage in the beginning. If she has had past health issues you may want to contact the office again and try to get an appointment soon. Do you have to wait for the class before you can get a first appointment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I didn't mean to post yet!
Anyways, are yuo military? My husband is, and the first appointment you go to is actually an orientation with about 20 other pregnant women, and from there they begin a chart and schedule your first appointment. If you are unsure of how far along you may be, they can schedule a "dating ultrasound".
I went for a dating ultrasound at 8 weeks, but my first actual appointment where I was examined and my husband and I got our questions answered was at 10 weeks.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
(male)

YoungLife HB User

Hi,
yes we have to wait and do an orientation before we get our 1st appt. with a Dr. our next orientation is scheduled for next week now since they cancelled todays.
No im not military, im goverment, but not military. So it is normal to wait up to 11-12 weeks before they look at her? Should we just ask for a 'dating ultrasound' then.
Thanks for the replys.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

newmom2be HB User

dont worry i didnt go see a doc until i was 19 weeks which was last week shell be fine
im having a girl due march 14 06

Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
(male)

YoungLife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom2be
dont worry i didnt go see a doc until i was 19 weeks which was last week shell be fine
im having a girl due march 14 06
really? ok thats good to hear. Were just so nervous i guess. Cause people we talked to were saying, oh i was seen by the Dr. in the first few weeks, so it got us thinking about it.
Thanks

Closed Thread