It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
had a series of test done!

I called my ob and told her about the pains in my chest I had been experiencing she told me not to mess around and go to the hospital! I didn't want to go, I waited several hours, I finally went, they checked my heart and told me the ekg wasn't normal!!! I freaked out! they did blood test to check my heart and x-ray! they sheilded the baby. the blood came back normal, low potassium though. Then she compared my ekg to one I had about 6 years ago and said it was fine! thank god!!!!! She told me it was my ibs! My stomach has been a mess but I didn't know that it can cause chest pain! now I gotta deal with my tummy issues, I get scared I am not eating enough. Well just wanted to post that, let everyone know I got to the root of the problem!!!! thanks for the support!
Carly

Old 10-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User
Re: had a series of test done!

I read that in pregnancy EKG's can be tricky because the heart does change in terms and a perfectly normal heart will show abnormalities on an EKG, dont freeak out but I know about the anxiety thing, I would be totally freaking

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi worry
not to alarm you but i hope they are treating your low potassium this can cause lots of serious problems if it gets worse or goes untreated i.e. cardiac problems. Maybe it is not that low? dehydration and severe vomiting could cause low potassium so make sure you eat well push the fluids and try bananas rich in potassium.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

Here are a very other great sources of potassium.
Rasins, Potatoes with the skins, and apricots.

Glad to know you were able to find out what was going on.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Thanks! my potassium was 3.1 when it should of been around 3.3 so it wasn't that low at all. the doc at the e.r told me to eat bananas and stuff so I am, I don't know what is causing it.
thanks everyone!
Carly

Closed Thread