It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

kittyke HB User
Scared of being preg.

Please help - I have anxiety issues already, getting off meds for that to try to TTC. I just need some questions answered, has anyone been so excited for the thought of TTC and having a baby then actually get preg. and freakout? I am excited for everything, but when that stick comes out that I am preg. I feel like I am going to freak out - does that mean I am not ready? I am just soo nervous, turning 31 soon, and ready to start, we have the house and I really can't wait to be a mom. I do have to go over some stuff with my boss, materinity leave and $$ issues, but There are soo many things that make me nervous. Anyone in the same boat as me???

Thanks girls,

Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mommie-2-B HB User
Re: Scared of being preg.

I didn't have a long period of time where we were TTC, but once I found out, my DH and I had a short "freakout". It's to be expected. The truth is that nobody is actually truly ready for kids. You will be just fine, I promise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

lrguyer HB User

Hello! You are completely normal....I was very excited while I was off of BC. Every month it was so exciting to take that test and see. But when the test actually showed 2 lines instead of one I paniced. I was scared to death. I know NOTHING about new born babies!!! But things have calmed down now. I think that is why we are given 9 months to prepare, so we can read up on all of the things we need to learn.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User

I am in my 3rd trimester and i still have freak-out moments. Am i going to be a good mom? How painful will labor be? what if something goes wrong?
it is perfectly normal. In my heart i know that the timing is right it's just that sometimes my head thinks to much!

Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

SOOOO normal. The first NIGHT we TTC I freaked out at the thought that I MIGHT have just concieved! I was so scared. I am currently 21 weeks and I still have freak outs. It is a big life changing experience, but the freaking is normal.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hypnotic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeMomma
I am in my 3rd trimester and i still have freak-out moments. Am i going to be a good mom? How painful will labor be? what if something goes wrong?
it is perfectly normal. In my heart i know that the timing is right it's just that sometimes my head thinks to much!
Totally agree with firsttime...

Old 10-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #7
(female)

AngelaSue HB User

Yeah...I felt the same way a few days ago, My dh and I have been TTC for 8 months and are finally pregnant, and I suddenly had a "freak out" moment. It was so unexpected that I would feel "that" because I want to have a baby very badly. I already have a son, but he is now, 9, and so this is like starting all over for me. I can say, that although I freaked out momentarily, I still am over the moon excited and cant wait to meet my new little one. As I'm sure you all are too. This is perfectly normal. Your not alone, and what's nice, is we can come on these boards and help support eachother when we have questions or concerns. I just love this website. God Bless!!

Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyke
Please help - I have anxiety issues already, getting off meds for that to try to TTC. I just need some questions answered, has anyone been so excited for the thought of TTC and having a baby then actually get preg. and freakout? I am excited for everything, but when that stick comes out that I am preg. I feel like I am going to freak out - does that mean I am not ready? I am just soo nervous, turning 31 soon, and ready to start, we have the house and I really can't wait to be a mom. I do have to go over some stuff with my boss, materinity leave and $$ issues, but There are soo many things that make me nervous. Anyone in the same boat as me???

Thanks girls,
Yup me! I am preggo with number three, I didn't have anxiety when I had my other kids, but I did after number two, so being preggo with number three has been kinda shaky, Im happy some days, anxious others and hormone fluctuations dont help, so dont panic its normal, anxiety does make it worse

Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
(female)

kittyke HB User

Everyone - THANK YOU so much , it felt so relaxing to read all of your posts. I really appreciate it !!!

Closed Thread