It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

momof3cooley HB User
Could It be twins

I went to the doctor yesterday for my first appointment at 8 weeks. I saw my doctor at 5 weeks to confirm pregnancy and she weighed me then. I have gained 5 pounds since then. And I am so shocked. For one I didn't think I had gained any and second I have never gained this early. I have always lost at first because I was so sick. This time I have mild nausea but no vomiting and I am still eating like before I got pregnant so if my diet hasn't changed how did I gain that much. So she scheduled me for a ultrasound on Monday. She said it could be a number of things. And I was reading this article on line and it said one of the signs of twins is unexplained weight gain at the beginning in large amounts. Is 5 pounds considered a large amount. It is to me but I am just nervous. She said it could be my due date is off or a big baby but at 8 weeks how can the baby be big already. Any advice would be great.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

qt314 HB User
Re: Could It be twins

I thought perhaps twins when I got my Hcg numbers back. I was told, no, you can't tell by them. Whether they've doubled, or tripled.....too hard to tell. The only way to know is when you go to your ultrasound. I feel bigger, although I haven't weighed myself. But for me, I'm sure it's bloat! I won't know positively until next Friday. I'm quite anxious about it too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

may/junemom2be HB User

I am 8 weeks pg and I went a week ago for my second ultra sound (couldn't see anything on the first). When I showed my u/s pic to some friends, they mentioned that it looked like it could be twins. You can clearly see one sac but there is what looks like a shadow of another sac on the other side of the pic. Could that be another internal organ or possibly a twin? I don't have another gyn appointment for 3 more weeks but I would REALLY LOVE to find out. How soon can you find out that you are pg with twins? By the way, my first cousin is pg with twins right now. It's my generations turn this go round.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #4

Connie in Al. HB User

I found out at 11 weeks we were having twins......I didn't gain but 5lbs the entire trimester BUT then again I was double sick and double tired the first 3 months.....Also I wasn't gaining much weight but my belly was growing and I was starting to show. I look like I've gained 10 lbs but I think its that I've lost weight and picked up all baby.

I think everyone talked them up for me LOL.....Son wanted a boy and a girl and everyone had a coment about twins too me....And they don't even run close in the family, Its way back on my side of the family...Really though God wanted us to have them ;-)

I hope this helps :-)
Connie

Closed Thread