It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #1

ksupreet HB User
Asthma and Pregnancy

Do any one has Asthma during Prenancy? Can any one share their experience having Asthma while your are Pregnant. Is it safe during pregnancy? How can it be controlled. Please , suggest. I am very scared.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User
Re: Asthma and Pregnancy

Hi

I am pregnant with asthma, although its not chronic asthma I'm guessing the rules still apply. You need to have your asthma in a "controlled" state. Which means that if you are requiring an inhaler more than twice a day, you should really be taking preventative medicine/inhalers.

I noticed that my asthma got worse in my first trimester but after that, it resumed to normal levels. What I would suggest is that you contact your doctor and develop an asthma care plan to ensure your asthma is under control. The last thing you want is to be breathless and scared for your baby's health.

Bye for now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
(female)

may/junemom2be HB User
Re: Asthma and Pregnancy

Here's another question...

I am currently at 8 1/2 weeks and I have found that I have been out of breath a lot. Sometimes I am sitting around doing nothing and all of a sudden I will have to take deep breaths because I feel like I can't breath. A co-worker even noticed it one day. It's kinda embarrassing. Is this normal or should I ask my doc. This may be a stupid question but I know you can get diabetes while pregnant but can you become asthmatic and then everything return to normal once you have delivered? (except when you are running around with the baby!! )

Closed Thread