It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Breech birth and hip dysplasia

I am back from the doctors and now I am very scared. The baby is pretty large for dates, I measure at 37.5 weeks because of his size. She says 8-9lbs, but its not a sure thing of course. We are scheduling a c-section at 39 weeks since he is still frank breech and doesn't appear to have room to turn at this point. What concerns me is that the doctor mentioned there is a chance he could have hip problems. Due to the fact that he has been breech for sometime, he is most likely not getting much movement in his legs. Apparently the hip sockets MAY not be bale to fuse. She said there is a chance, not definitive, but I am still very scared about this.

Does anybody know about this condition? Please, give me all of the info you can because I am very scared right now. I can't help but think I could of done something to avoid this.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Veteran

sickofit HB User
Re: Breech birth and hip dysplasia

Roxyfoxy,
When I was pregnant with my first one he was breech for weeks and weeks, they didn't think he'd be able to turn and we scheduled a c-section. Days before the c-section he turned, I delivered vaginally and he does not have any hip problems (he's 5 now).

I think your doc is probably just preparing you for the worst case scenario, but I've never heard of that before. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User
Re: Breech birth and hip dysplasia

Sickofit: Thank you so much for telling me what happened to you. It makes me feel a lot better. I don't mind having the c-section, but I am very concerned about the hip dysplasia. It really scares me that my child could have to go through something like that. I know there are worse things, but what parent wants their children to go through anything like that.

Was your boy frank breech? Apparently presenting with the buttocks first is at higher risk for this condition. I have also read on the internet that it is usually many factors that contribute to this problem: inheritance, the child being first born, the child being a girl, and breech presentation. My baby is a boy, first born and breech, as far as I know there is no genetic history of this problem. I think his chances are slim, but the point is they are still there, so it worries me.

Closed Thread