It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
low potassium?

I had low potassium on my blood test taken on mon. It was 3.1 considered mild. I am kinda scared. the e.r.doc told me to eat bananas and stuff. I called my ob to see what my result was on my last blood test at the begining of my pregnancy they haven't called back yet. It should be at least 3.5. anyone had this or have information, I would really appreciate it.
thanks so much
Carly

Old 10-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: low potassium?

hi worry
if the docs are keeping an eye on you i am sure they will just re check it when you go for your next visit and you will probably find it has gone back to normal, bloods do this all the time, one reading being out of range then when retested the body has sorted it out itself we are designed for survival. low potassium can be caused by dehydration you will need to be drinking plenty with baby growing in you he puts high demands on your body. also if you have been vomiting a lot this can cause dehydration as can many other things so drink plenty eat bananas and i bet it is ok next time it is checked it is only if your levels get really low you may need meds to raise your levels honestly don't stress if your doc is monitoring you i don't think he would let you walk around if there was a big problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks weepy, I am scared! I know it wasn't that low and the e.r doc told me to eat more banana's. I go see my ob on tuesday. I looked at a past blood test from last year and it was 4.4. I haven't been vomiting or diarreah, I have d sometimes because of my tummy trouble but not enough to dehydrate me. I have been freakin ever since, panic attacks like crazy. I have been drinking v8,lots of potassium in it and I really like it too!
thanks weepy I just need to calm down!
Carly

Old 10-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

worry i am sure you will be fine especially if you feel it. keep up those drinks i know i am so thirsty nowadays my baby must be vert thirsty so i am drinking for 2. relax. have you tried yoga i have been going to it once a week for the last couple of weeks it is a class for pg moms and it really helps me unwind and destress and i sleep so nicely afterwards you should see if there is one near you. i love it when the instructor says the next hour and a half is for you and your baby it is so sweet aaahhhh. i also find i don't worry about anything after the first 5 minutes. take care

Old 10-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi weepy, thanks, I am looking into a mommy yoga class it is far, I live in the middle of nowhere. I am frustrated with my doc because he hasn't called back and my ob said to go through my g.p and I am trying but no call back I called tuesday. I guess it just isn't important, I wouldn't be so worried if I weren't pregnant. I guess I will call again. thanks again weepy
Carly

Closed Thread